Makeing spells last forever until canceled

D359

Reaction score
I have an ability based on berserk and I want it to last forever,until canceled,like robo-goblin,the trick is,I can't use any transforming spell because the hero who has this ability also has a spellbook,thus I am unable to use it,plus I would prefer to avoid makeing trigers with it,ever since I heard that it's hardcoded and if trigered wrong it can cause crashes(I suck at trigering by the way)

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
You're going to need a trigger, but it's quite simple.

You should base the ability off Immolation or Defend.
When the spell is activated, create a dummy and have the dummy cast the Berserk on them.
Whenever the spell is deactivated, remove the buff.

Xonora

Reaction score
^If he's bad at triggers, he's gonna need an example.

@OP: I got a simpler idea.

Just set berserk's duration to 0 seconds. If im not wrong, it will last forever. If that works, use the trigger:

A unit begins the effect of an ability.

Ability casted = Berserk

Remove Berserk from triggering unit.
Add Berserk (OFF) to triggering unit.

In this case, Berserk (OFF) is another spell based of berserk with 0 values and a 0.1 duration. Then create another trigger like above that removes Berserk (OFF) and adds Berserk back to the unit.

If it does not work, then we'll talk about Wolfie's idea.

itorrent

Reaction score
Wouldn't u just be able to use any "Toggle" skill which u can change into Berserk`? With triggers ofc.

D359

Reaction score
Well I was going to base the spell on defend,and thanks to Dirac I already have a triger example for a similar spell that has a duration(it's on another thread I starded)

Events
A unit starts the effect of an ability
Conditions
(Ability being cast) Equal to Axe Mastery
Actions
Ability - Add (Orb Ability) to (Triggering Unit)
Wait X. seconds
Ability - Remove (Orb Ability) from (Triggering Unit)

I was thinking on removing the last 2 actions and replaceing it with a If/Then/Else Action:
If (((Triggering unit) has buff Axe Mastery ) Equal to False) then do (Unit - Remove fuck ya from (Triggering unit)) else do (Do nothing)

But I am not sure if it will work,I will tested after I return from the beach:cool:

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
When posting GUI code from the Trigger Editor (What you have there), please put them between [noparse]
Trigger:
[/noparse] tags; It helps us read it :)

As for your problem, what do you need Berserk for?
If you don't need the extra damage taken, or movement speed, use Unholy Frenzy.
If you need only attack and movement speed, use Bloodlust.
Here's my trigger for how I would do it.
Note: My spell is called Berserk, based on Defend. It gives the buff named Berserk.
The dummy's ability is called Berserk (Dummy Ability), based off Bloodlust.
Trigger:
  • Berserk
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is issued an order with no target
    • Conditions
      • ((Issued order) Equal to (Order(defend))) or ((Issued order) Equal to (Order(undefend)))
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Issued order) Equal to (Order(defend))
        • Then - Actions
          • Set TempPoint = (Position of (Triggering unit))
          • Unit - Create 1 Footman for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at TempPoint facing Default building facing degrees
          • Unit - Add Berserk (Dummy Ability) to (Triggering unit)
          • Unit - Set level of Berserk (Dummy Ability) for (Last created unit) to (Level of Berserk for (Triggering unit))
          • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Shaman - Bloodlust (Triggering unit)
          • Unit - Add a 1.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint)
        • Else - Actions
          • Unit - Remove Berserk buff from (Triggering unit)

D359

Reaction score
Well I set everything berserk dose to 0+I just realized that defend dosen't give buffs so I screwed that and went on with imolation,same thing there,I made it a dummy

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.