Making a Jump Ability

mippy9

Reaction score
Im making a map exactly like WoW arathi basin, and im really struggling to find a trigger on the net tell ing me how to make a jump ability. I know that storm crow form is probably used but thats all iI've got at the moment. Someone please post a jumping ability where u do not choose where u jump to. (just like WoW jump)

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
I dont play wow, so i dont know what you mean.

I think emljr3 made some Jumping spell template, check Spell Section.

mippy9

Reaction score
well the wow jump is when u just press a button and it makes u jump forward if you are moving, but the jump speed is the same as your run speed.

mippy9

Reaction score
I think emljr3 made some Jumping spell template, check Spell Section.[/QUOTE]

Yeh i just took a look at that its kinda what i want except i dont want to be able to choose where i cast it, i just want it to auto jump like say 200 distance from triggering unit. i would have at least attempted at changing the trigger but it's in JASS, so i would rather it in GUI or whatever it is so that i can change it if need be

A

AlexBomb

You can set unit's flying height,when you pressed some botton.

But can not move while you're jumping.....:rolleyes:

Pharaoh_

The epic journey will soon begin... Prepare!
Reaction score
You can set unit's flying height,when you pressed some botton.

But can not move while you're jumping.....

Then how the "Leap" skill Priestess of the Moon works..?
Of course you can jump while moving; follow the trigger of Leap and just change the flying height to a bit more (it isn't flying height actually, but whatever).

A

AlexBomb

Then how the "Leap" skill Priestess of the Moon works..?
Of course you can jump while moving; follow the trigger of Leap and just change the flying height to a bit more (it isn't flying height actually, but whatever).

You didn't understand what I said.
Like the "Leap" skill,of course you can move by the trigger.But what I mean is that how do the trigger know you want to move?
Actually,its like this:when your unit is walking on the ground,and you pressed the "jump key",your unit will jump and move to somewhere in front of it;when your unit is standing somewhere,and if you pressed the "jump key",it dose not move to anywhere,just a jumping,and falling down the same location.
I think this is the jump ability like WoW.
Well,how to do this?

C0mput3r

Reaction score
Well if Unit-Order triggering unit to Move to (Polar Offset 200 with an angle of (facing of Triggering Unit)) doesnt work..
[sry.. bad freehand]

Try sliding triggers?
Ones that change the unit's location via triggers

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.