Making a skill like "Battle Trance"

Reaction score
Hi, I'm trying to make a skill for my ogre Barbarian that behaves like Jah'rakal`s Battle Trance, but with different visual effects.

When cast it should affect all allied units (not only heroes) and increase their attack speed by respectively 30/60/90% for 20 seconds (40 seconds for the caster).

Have you any idea how can this be done with as little triggering as possible? (I don't want to bloat the map) Or how they do it in Dota
Thanks!

Happy

Reaction score
make a custom endurance auro with no visual effekt and max range....make it an item ability...then trigger that its added to your hero and is removed after the duration...

ElChupanebre

Reaction score
Or, you could Pick Every Unit allied to the caster, and then create a dummy with a modified bloodlust and cast it on each unit. The same way you would with any other ability, but put it inside of a Action Loop.

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
Please provide a detailed description of what the ability does. I for one have no clue what you are trying to do. Not everyone plays a lot of DotA. Thanks.

Nherwyziant

Be better than you were yesterday :D
Reaction score
Please provide a detailed description of what the ability does. I for one have no clue what you are trying to do. Not everyone plays a lot of DotA. Thanks.

Battle Trance is a special ability. It gives 100% bonus attack speed to all ally heroes (global), lasts for 5 seconds, and bonus 3 seconds on the caster.

But his request want's to affect units and lasts for long. And he did not even say if it's global or just an AoE. But I think it's only AoE cuz it's so imba when you use the skill globally and affects creeps lol

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
make a custom endurance auro with no visual effekt and max range....make it an item ability...then trigger that its added to your hero and is removed after the duration...

Making it an item ability doesn't hide the icon. You must add the endurance aura in a disabled spell book. And i believe DoTA didn't trigger it this way. They added hidden Endurance Aura to every individual heroes.

So basically, add the disabled spell book the the heroes. After the period of time, remove the spell book.

Or, you could Pick Every Unit allied to the caster, and then create a dummy with a modified bloodlust and cast it on each unit. The same way you would with any other ability, but put it inside of a Action Loop.

This could cause buff stacking issues. Blood Lust cannot stack, thus it wouldn't really be that convenient to use it.

Reaction score
Code:
The Ogre Barbarian enrages every allied unit on the battlefield.
Greatly increases attack speed for a certain duration,
and lasts an additional 20 seconds on the Ogre Barbarian.
Affects all allied units across the map.

Cooldown: 45 seconds

Level 1 - 125 mana, 15 seconds (allies) / 35 seconds (self), Increases attack speed by 20%
Level 2 - 115 mana, 15 seconds (allies) / 35 seconds (self), Increases attack speed by 40%
Level 3 - 105 mana, 15 seconds (allies) / 35 seconds (self), Increases attack speed by 60%
The Dummy unit and Bloodlust is what I tried to do, but it may lag when there are too many units on the map.
So, the modded Endurance may be better, but do I have to create a second Endurance aura and a second trigger with a longer timer just for the caster? Seems too sloppy :(

If the skill is too imba I can always modify the cooldown/speed increase so this shouldn't be a problem.

P.S. In the end I may decide to make this an ulti with only one level, so don't bother with the multiple levels.

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.