(Making) Transparent Trees in your map

jalisco

Reaction score
W3ZME http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/tools-560/zepirs-war3-map-editor-1-0-a-62889/
has a way to add the trees after and make them "non-solid", however every time I save with JNGP it causes the trees to revert back to normally. Additionally it is extremely slow to make all the trees "non-solid" each time you have to do it, it would take hours for a large map.

Looking for better way(s) to make trees transparent, mainly when units walk behind trees or are blocked by trees (from camera angle). I would settle for in range if it's [much] easier.
:confused:
Please help if you know something about transparent trees! or direct me to someone who does! I cannot find anything anywhere about this topic.
Thanks guys, much appreciated. <3

warden13

Reaction score
Just one suggestion... Make tree modelled units and make them transparant. And then remove models of real trees. Place fake trees to same locations with them with triggers. Set alpha to 50%.
I believe there are easier ways. That just come up my mind.

jalisco

Reaction score
I have messed around with units in place of trees a lot actually, but it didn't work well at all. Ate my FPS T_T...
Oh well thanks for the suggestion. :thup:

Rainther

I guess I should write something of value here...
Reaction score
I don't know if it's possible to get transperency out of doodads. But it's probably possible to make a trigger system that would take all tress and put out cells at some Y's above each tree. Then you could make a trigger that works when unit enters area and make tress half transparent.

I haven't played around much with doodads, really. The only thing I know for certain is that you can turn a doodad completly invisible and still the pathing is on.

jalisco

Reaction score
I admit I don't fully comprehend what you said, but it sounds MORE complicated and slow than the first way I mentioned... Thanks anyways

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.