Mana Flare

CBBPhoenix

Reaction score
Hi, I am working on an ability where a hero should be able to deal damage to enemy spellcasters when they cast a spell, of course it is based on the night elf "mana flare" ability for the faerie dragon, but when the hero is channeling the spell and an enemy casts a spell, standing close to other enemies, they all take damage and if just 3 enemies or so cast a spell at the same time, all enemies in the AoE instantly die. I thought that mana flare only hit the casting unit, so what could be wrong with the ability? I have tried to test the same thing placing a faerie dragon in my map and it works normally, hitting only the caster when channeling mana flare. I have changed the "maximum damage" to a lower amount but it doesn't change anything when playtesting, so what should I do? :confused: Thanks in advance.

Manix

Reaction score
Perhaps you can trigger it in a really simple way.

When your unit starts channeling your ability then create a dummy unit with an aura which has the buff of your ability and it's targets are set to enemy only, then make a trigger that would damage every unit upon spellcast if they have the buff from the aura, and finally kill the aura dummy when the channeling is over.

Sgqvur

FullOfUltimateTruthsAndEt ernalPrinciples, i.e shi
Reaction score
I think mana flare's fields work this way(I could be wrong though):

Data - Caster Only Splash -- my bet is that you changed this to false and thus "unforseen consequence" happen

Data - Damage Cooldown -- When a unit casts a spell it's get damaged but if it casts a spell again before this cooldown it won't get damaged(could someone cofirm?) -- the underlined is totally inaccurate; this field actually set the bonus armour the caster receives.(tnx to CBBPhoenix for pointing that out)

Data - Hero Damage Per Mana Point -- if the spell costed the hero 100 mana then he will get damage 100 in return (Note)

Data - Hero Maximum Damage -- (*Note) the is the maximum damage it have in return even though the spell costed 100 mana he will get 50 damage (default)

the other Data - Unit Damage Per Mana Point and Data - Unit Maximum Damage works like the above but only against non hero units.

CBBPhoenix

Reaction score
Aha

"caster only" field? I totally never saw that one, havn't checked if it's there yet (but I guess it is since you mention it). Gonna check :p. The damage cooldown has nothing to do with cooldown even though it should be according to the text in the editor. I found out that it is actually the armor bonus the "faerie dragon" or whatever unit that channels mana flare gets while channeling. Fail Blizzard? Oh yes :p But thank you, if that "caster only" field is there, it should fix everything :p

Okay I've tried it now and I had set the field to "true" so it must be something else, but I don't know what it could be :-/

It still damages AoE and it still does not when I put a faerie dragon in my map; anyone knows why this happens?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.