Map doesn't work outside of world editor.

Ishida

Reaction score
I'm using the standard WE.

I spent all day working on an map, and everything was going good in world editor.

I got the starting resources, the income system, the updating leaderboards and hero selections. Comepleted my spawning barracks and everything.

Upon trying to run the map outside of world editor, it started to load... then the game started...

There wasn't a timer, wasn't a timerWindow, didn't get my starting resources... The Leaderboard didn't show any names.

WTF?

Attachments

• Demolition 0.1 BETA.w3m
    25.6 KB · Views: 192

Kayoss666

Reaction score
well to be accurate
Trigger:
  • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Leaderboard - Add (Picked player) to (Last created leaderboard) with label (Name of (Triggering player)) and value ((Picked player) Current lumber))

should be
Trigger:
  • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Leaderboard - Add (Picked player) to (Last created leaderboard) with label (Name of (Picked player)) and value ((Picked player) Current lumber))

and i will go ahead and figure that you have set player 1 - red's lumber correct?

Ishida

Reaction score
well to be accurate
Trigger:
  • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Leaderboard - Add (Picked player) to (Last created leaderboard) with label (Name of (Triggering player)) and value ((Picked player) Current lumber))

should be
Trigger:
  • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Leaderboard - Add (Picked player) to (Last created leaderboard) with label (Name of (Picked player)) and value ((Picked player) Current lumber))

and i will go ahead and figure that you have set player 1 - red's lumber correct?

I had the triggering unit code first, but it didn't work. Because there is not a unit that is Triggering the Time Elapsed. So, Only PickedPlayer would show the score-board.

Please remember, it works perfectly in world-edit.

Kayoss666

Reaction score
ok were hopefully someone on here will be able to help sorry i can't. i don't really use leader boards and haven't had this type of problem before. but maybe if it works in the WE and not WC it has something to do with multiplayer.

OMGOMGOMG

UMBWGMG (Unidentified Human Being.)
Reaction score
Tip:
Remember, if something is perfect in the WE and doesn't work in WC THEN it's not perfect in the WE and somethings been stuffed for it NOT to work - otherwise the triggers WILL work.

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
Did you check Fixed Player Settings in the Force Properties dialog? This works fine under those conditions.
Trigger:
  • Income Timer
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 0.00 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Lives_t1 = 100
      • Set Lives_t2 = 100
      • Leaderboard - Create a leaderboard for (All players) titled Player Statistics
      • Leaderboard - Change the value for Player 8 (Pink) in (Last created leaderboard) to Lives_t2
      • Leaderboard - Change the value for Player 4 (Purple) in (Last created leaderboard) to Lives_t1
      • Countdown Timer - Start IncTimer as a Repeating timer that will expire in 15.00 seconds

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.