[map idea] Mage Wars (working title)

M

MikeTheGuy

So far for this I have nothing but ideas, but I'd like some feedback on this to see what everyone thinks of it. I'm not sure if there is another map like this, but I haven't seen any so I can only say that any similarity is pure coincidence.

The best way to describe it is a sort of combination AoS/Arena game where 4 teams, each having 1-2 players (of course 2 players per team is better) attempts to destroy each other's Town Hall until one team are the last one's standing. In other words, the classic AoS concept. However, periodically, there will be a battle at the Arena in the middle of the map. Prizes would be awarded to teams who got the most kills in the battle in the form of, let's say, bonus gold based on kills for the team members, a special one-time spawn of powerful creeps, or for high numbers of kills, a special item. This would, of course, make the Arena battles just as important as the battle outside of the arena.

Now, for the whole Mages part, which I'm sure anybody who is still reading this is wondering about. Each player gets a base Mage hero, the hero is the same for every player no matter which team, but the players can choose a special type of magic for that Mage to use. For example, summoning, elemental magic, psychic, demonic, etc. They can then buy spells for that particular type and learning one spell can then allow the player to upgrade that spell to a new, more powerful one.

I'm also considering allowing the players to be able to buy a second type of magic, which may or may not be able to fuse with the first one to create a tier-2 magic type while still being able to learn spells of the tier-1. For example, summoning + demonic could fuse to create demonology, which would allow demons to be summoned.

That's the idea. If anyone knows of a map like this that has already been made please tell me, or if you have any feedback, post it here. As I said, so far the only thing I have is ideas, I don't have anything started yet at all.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.