Map Protecting..

Senseless

Reaction score
Can u say me.. how i protect a map. I downloaded a protector. How can i use him for my map.. And do i need to Kopie the map or somethink like that to have a not protectet what i can open, And a protectet who nobody can open? (no normal player.. i know some guys open whatever they want^^?)

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Using Vexorians Optimizer can protect maps from being opened in the World Editor to normal players, but if someone wants to they will still be able to open it. (With an MPQ Editor). There is no 100% protection guarantee with any method.

Senseless

Reaction score
K. but what i want to know is. Did i need to kopie the map and make the Kopied Save and the normal i can open and change thinks or bugs..? Or can i just make it in the original and can enter the map with a password?^^

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
No, you will need to keep a copy of the unprotected map and then use that to correct bugs, or add new features. There may be some protector somewhere which has password protection, but I don't know of it.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
No, you will need to keep a copy of the unprotected map and then use that to correct bugs, or add new features. There may be some protector somewhere which has password protection, but I don't know of it.

Those are probably useless, because it most likely keeps all of the Trigger Data and stuff.

You need to copy your map, then protect one of the copies.
use the unprotected one for edits.

And, there is no map protection which certain people can't open. If wc3 can read it, then a person can open the map.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.