Map protectors

Senseless

Reaction score
Hm i am now nearly done. so done that i just need to test bugs in beta ver.. means i want release my map now.. so i downloaded the Warcraft III Map Optimizer.. but its just not working as i want.. i dont understand the Protector.. he is no real protector there is only avaiable to change the map size and this?

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It is only made as an optimizer and not as a protector, but on the other hand, when it is optimized it becomes un-openable in the WE. Therefore it is like protection. Have you tried opening the optimized version yet?

Senseless

Reaction score
The problem i had wars save it.. he said thinks like unsaveble.. i opened it new. now i can save it.. ill try to open now.. i will give feedback if it work-notwork^^ thank u :O

Its working.. Thank u. The world editor Crashes (Lol im happy about a crash :D)

Hm or its not working "Cant find the map" When i want to host it :(

Oh Nope its "Cant find the Game" ^^?

Senseless

Reaction score
Nobody Knows whats to do? The World editor Help (Helpertutorials) Isnt realy big.. its just not Calling u whats to do.. Only says download this and whats pro and whats contra.. :(

The Optimizer Says " Script name compression is in use, the optimizer will continue, but it might be a bether idea to provide them the next time, since without specifying common.j or blizzard.j name collisions may appear and Warcraft III unable to play the output map, refer to the readme file for more informations. "

What now? :)

Senseless

Reaction score
Last Question.. yeah i know im a doubleposter ..^^
I still cant host because the map is to big.. the "game cant be found" bug is now away^^, but how do i get it smaler.. i clicket all in optimizer and he only reduces it by 8% ? (i did auto...) do i need to say how much the map has so that the optimizer make it this tiny that it can be hostet?

Hm whatever i say the size of the map is.. The map will just Maximal Reduces by 8%.. so in the end the map is to big.. 6.731 KB.. Damn :( means i need to delete some custom models?^^

Cheesy

some fucker
Reaction score
Optimization doesn't have too much of an impact, you have to scale down your file-size manually.

ZeratuelX

Reaction score
If the optimizer only scales it 8% that means that you have way too much custom models. The map itself is most likely only 1.5MB in your case, but the models are maybe 3-6MB. You have 2 options here:

1. Optimize the model before putting it in the map with another program.

2. Remove some models. If you look at popular custom maps, they include custom models, but usually don't have that much, and they arn't full quality either (or they would look sweet).

Senseless

Reaction score
Hm i deletet about 10 custom models where i importet and not wars using anymore.. so i save about 2500 space.. i go now to optimize and hope its enough.. good look to every.. aeh i mean to my self :(^^

Now it is about 4,700 and its Still to big.. i have maps in my Download Folder WHO ARE PLAYEBLE with 7000 - 8000? What is that -.-?

ZeratuelX

Reaction score
I doubt they are that high, it may seem like it though. I believe but am not positive that Battle.net only plays games of 4.1 MB or less, but am not entirely sure.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
There is no limit to map size.
It's only a Battle.net limit.

You can have a map thats 30 TB for all anyone cares. But it will only be playable in single player.

Senseless

Reaction score
Thank u i now have it become working.. 4091 xD^^ 9 more and.. xD Hm but now i testet it ingame... and its just unbalanced :D (my map) some heros are imba and some to weak^^ and some triggers arent work :(( bad^^

Like the Random mode.. U get every time the same random hero. Means Red gets Hero A Blue Hero C and Yellow Hero B ... no random more a give me fast a hero mode^^

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.