Map Transfer Help

Rui

Reaction score
PROBLEM FIXED
Original Post: I created a map a few days ago and then I had to refresh my computer, I saved the map onto a USB drive and when I downloaded Warcraft again and tried to open the map, the world editor application executes; however, an error message shows up, can someone help me with this? There is a picture of the error posted with this thread.

Problem: Warcraft 3 ROC was installed regardless of Windows NT compatibility problems. Wc3 TFT and ROC could not patch because of this.

Solution: Right click Wc3 ROC install icon, troubleshoot compatibility and patch from here https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/classic-game-patches.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    14.3 KB · Views: 315
Last edited:

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Either of these:
1) Map is protected and can not be opened. Nobody here is going to help you in this case because its against forum policy.
2) Map was made with some kind of third party editor enhancement (WEU, NewGen, etc) and contains data that the vanilla editor can not read. In this case you must use the same third party tool again.
3) The data got corrupted at some point. Nothing can help you there either.
4) The editor you downloaded got corrupted because of a download error. Try reinstalling.

Cant think of anything else from the top of my head.

Solu9

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I don't know. The error could look like a faulty imported model no?

Solu9

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
True.
However I have experienced, after fiddling with a model's geosets and imported it afterwards, that a map can become inaccessible due to the model being faulty.

Rui

Reaction score
Can someone try downloading this map for me? It works on my friend's computer, but they have a torrented version of Warcraft 3.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
I am able to open and edit the map.
Just for testing purposes I deleted everything that was placed on the map as well as all triggers. Try to open this cleared version of your map and tell us if it worked.

Attachments

• Custom Made Cleared.w3x
    138.4 KB · Views: 237
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.