Maps stolen from The Hive Workshop! [ Admins Read ]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eldubs

Reaction score
Hello dear members of TheHelper.net

I am a regular member of www.thehiveworkshop.com and i have discovered that your site has stolen content consisting of my maps and some of other members of THW. Of course this is unacceptable because all THW content is copyrighted, so i want all the maps removed. I can tell a few that are made by the THW community and uploaded here.

There is still a huge amount of maps from THW but making the list would take ages, and that's your job to look into the submitting of the members!

Sora1301 is the thief of our maps.

Best regards, Eldubs.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
We will remove any maps that creators let us know about and do not want on the site. It is the job a copyright holder to enforce there copyright so we will remove any maps that any of the copyright holders notify us about. We did not "STEAL" the maps. We do not SELL Maps. We do not claim ownership of stuff that is not ours. This is a free community site, like the Hive, who BTW is one of our Affiliates and we have Administrators from the Hive on Staff here at The Helper.

So, thank you for your report. I resent the fact you accuse us of stealing, but that is just me. You could have achieved better results and relations by just getting someone from the Hive to contact us, PM an Admin or mod here, or just talked to Ghan or Samuraid.

Eldubs

Reaction score
Your contact button doesn't work, so i couldn't contact you with that. And also your site copyright says that you own everything presented on the website. So i had my cautions.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Eldubs, first off, thank you for reporting such abuses in our system to us. While I would have preferred other ways of going about it, I do understand your concerns with someone posting your map on our server.

However, I would like to state that saying we stole those maps is quite an accusation! Similar to THW and EpicWars, members upload content/files to that site, and both communities share major overlap when it comes to membership. So many maps you have claimed we have "stolen" from the Hive were uploaded by the same people who created them and uploaded them here too. (because why limit yourself to one downloading area?)

Now I do realize though in this case, another member has uploaded your maps without your approval. Please understand that the Administrator or the Staff had nothing menacing behind approving it. We had no way of knowing this when it went into our system and we can handle removals promptly as The Helper has stated.

As for right now, you can feel free to contact me in various ways - [email protected] is my email - but you can also PM me if you rather, and we can discuss this issue further and what maps require removal or altered on the server.

Edit - I also have an MSN and a Skype which are shown in my ID.

Edit 2 - Thank you for reporting the contact/report system is down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.