Mass Root

Senseless

Reaction score
Hello guys. i am^^ very bad in triggering, i tried something with a Trigger, i wantet to make a Mass Entangle root effekt for my hero, i tried it freehand, and somethink is wrong.. there is the trigger (i dont know how to make it in this code hope it works^^)
Code:
function Trig_Mass_Roots_Actions takes nothing returns nothing
endfunction

//===========================================================================
function InitTrig_Mass_Roots takes nothing returns nothing
    set gg_trg_Mass_Roots = CreateTrigger(  )
    call TriggerAddAction( gg_trg_Mass_Roots, function Trig_Mass_Roots_Actions )
endfunction

Entangling Roots
    Events
        Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Entangling Roots
    Actions
        Set Caster = (Triggering unit)
        Set UnitGroup = (Random 4 units from (Units within 500.00 of (Target point of ability being cast)))
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in UnitGroup and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                    If - Conditions
                        ((Picked unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of Caster)) Equal to True
                    Then - Actions
                        Set Target = (Picked unit)
                        Set TargetPoint = (Position of Target)
                        Unit - Create 1 dummy for (Owner of Caster) at TargetPoint facing TargetPoint
                        Set Dummy = (Last created unit)
                        Unit - Add Entangling Roots  to Dummy
                        Unit - Order Dummy to Nature Dryad - Entangling Roots Target
                        Unit - Add a 3.00 second Generic expiration timer to Dummy
                    Else - Actions
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation (udg_TargetPoint)
        Custom script:   call DestroyGroup(udg_UnitGroup)
        Custom script:   set udg_Target = null
        Custom script:   set udg_Dummy = null
        Custom script:   set udg_Caster = null

My problem now is. when i activate it there is a "error?" this trigger needs to have a InitTrig_RootAoe ^^ i dont know whats that are and how to activate..

Nina

Reaction score
Did you make this in the GUI and not copy it in an empty custom text trigger?

Nina

Reaction score
The GUI is the thing wher eyou click things and get dropdown boxes and stuff. You must find every action and recreate it. If you just paste it in a converted to custom text trigger it will treat it as a JASS trigger which needs an intializer.

Chao

Setting sail for fail in the sea of lame.
Reaction score
I've never used that method before; my recommendation is to Google Elil's demo. Elil has a really good mass-spell function (though you'll have to plug the leaks in your own) - that was what taught me to do it!

Senseless

Reaction score
i.. dont know, but in real guy. thats not Realy Interesting^^., because this Error Comes, has nothing to do with mana or?

Edit: he has enought Mana now^^ Nothing do do with

Edit2: The Error does not more Occur.. but when i will start via (test map) the trigger Occurs in a.. Window with.. i dont know^^ this Window Shows all triggers.. :O

Nina

Reaction score
The error probably didn't come because the editor disabled the trigger. You should make a new trigger then click new event new condition etc and fill it in untill it looks like the thing you posted.

Jagan

Reaction score
It's a GUI trigger, don't paste it in as JASS. Obviously, it won't be as easy as just copy & pasting. You've got to input those lines on your own.

Senseless

Reaction score
damnit^^ thanks..^^

This is unmadleble.. the fuck (sorry) german version is in German and English, now i am serching Set Caster.. and i not fnd it.. i tried all.. and i used the search function.. there is nothing.. 20 Minits for 2 Thinks..^^

Jagan

Reaction score
Caster is a Unit variable. Open your Trigger Editor, click on the Yellow X. After that, create a new variable by clicking the Green X. Type Caster in the field of Variable Name and choose Unit for Variable Type. Leave the Array box unchecked. And then click OK.

To set the variable, line up a new action using the Set Variable = Value function. Use the search if you can't find it. Then change Variable to Caster and Value to (Triggering Unit).

It's not uncodable. It's actually pretty simple. We all start out knowing very little, it's just a learning process. You've got to be patient at this.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.