massive problems with NewGen

Lightstalker

Reaction score
+REP to whoever can help me fix those problems.

1) Whenever I hit Test Map, WC3 instantly crashes. I disabled Reinventing the Craft and WC3 no longer crashes but it still won't test the map: it will just open WC3 and take me to the main menu where you get to choose if you want to play single player, battle.net, etc.

2) When I click on my map in WC3, I can't see players or forces. It's just blank! :( Because of that, I can't choose which player I want to be or what my color is. If I hit Start Game, it won't do anything.

Komaqtion

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
1. Are you sure that you manually save the map before clicking the "Test Map" button ??

2. Same here :D

Lightstalker

Reaction score
1. Are you sure that you manually save the map before clicking the "Test Map" button ??

2. Same here :D

1. EDIT: yep, still won't work.

2. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: The same goes for other maps. A long time ago (maybe around 6 months ago) I played DotA over LAN and I hosted it and it worked fine. A couple weeks ago, I tried playing DotA by myself to check some things out, and I wasn't able to see players or anything in the lobby. This is also happening to other maps so I can no longer play them. :(

R 3 T R O

Reaction score
>>1) Whenever I hit Test Map, WC3 instantly crashes. I disabled Reinventing the Craft and WC3 no longer crashes but it still won't test the map: it will just open WC3 and take me to the main menu where you get to choose if you want to play single player, battle.net, etc.

That only happens when the editor cant compile and put together a variable or a trigger (e.g. Syntax Error) Be sure to check if any of the recent triggers you've edited are running fine with no problems.

If that fails. Slowly one by one delete triggers that you think might be causing a problem and test the map. When you notice you are able to test the map successfully that means the last trigger you deleted was the problem This should help you pinpoint where the problem is being caused assuming the problem is with your triggers, Tho I'm sure It will be a trigger.

Note: Not much experienced with NewGen but This is my input

Goodluck

Lightstalker

Reaction score
>>1) Whenever I hit Test Map, WC3 instantly crashes. I disabled Reinventing the Craft and WC3 no longer crashes but it still won't test the map: it will just open WC3 and take me to the main menu where you get to choose if you want to play single player, battle.net, etc.

That only happens when the editor cant compile and put together a variable or a trigger (e.g. Syntax Error) Be sure to check if any of the recent triggers you've edited are running fine with no problems.

If that fails. Slowly one by one delete triggers that you think might be causing a problem and test the map. When you notice you are able to test the map successfully that means the last trigger you deleted was the problem This should help you pinpoint where the problem is being caused assuming the problem is with your triggers, Tho I'm sure It will be a trigger.

Note: Not much experienced with NewGen but This is my input

Goodluck

Wow... that worked. Fixed #1 alright. It's weird because the trigger that was causing it was this one:

JASS:
scope FIREBLAST initializer Init

globals
    private constant integer SPELLID = 'A015'
    private constant integer DUMMYID = 'n00E'
    private constant integer DUMMYSPELLID = 'A038'
    private constant integer DUMMYDUR = 'BTLF'
endglobals

private function Conditions takes nothing returns boolean
    return GetSpellAbilityId() = SPELLID
endfunction

private function Blast takes nothing returns nothing
    local unit cs = GetTriggerUnit()
    local real csx = GetUnitX(cs)
    local real csy = GetUnitY(cs)
    local integer lvl = GetUnitAbilityLevel(cs, SPELLID)
    local player p = GetOwningPlayer(cs)
    local real tx = GetLocationX(GetSpellTargetLoc())
    local real ty = GetLocationY(GetSpellTargetLoc())
    local real angle = 57.2958 * Atan2(ty-csy,tx-csx)
    local real line = 150.00
    local integer loop = 1
        loop
        exit when loop > 5
            set line = (line + 150.00)
            set dummy = (p,DUMMYID,csx + (line) * Cos(angle * .0175),csy + (line) * Sin(angle * .0175),angle)
            call UnitAddAbility(dummy, DUMMYSPELLID)
            call SetUnitAbilityLevel(dummy, DUMMYSPELLID, lvl)
            call IssuePointOrder(dummy, "flamestrike", GetUnitX(dummy), GetUnitY(dummy))
            call UnitApplyTimedLife(dummmy, DUMMYDUR, .3)
            set loop = loop + 1
        endloop
    set cs = null
    set p = null
    set dummy = null
endfunction

private function Init takes nothing returns nothing
    local trigger = CreateTrigger()
    call TriggerRegisterAnyUnitEventBJ(t, EVENT_PLAYER_UNIT_SPELL_EFFECT)
    call TriggerAddCondition(t, Condition(function(Conditions))
    call TriggerAddAction(t, function Actions)
endfunction
enscope

What's wrong with it???

Komaqtion

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
JASS:
    set dummy = null

There is no such variable for what i see :D

meaning that this line:
JASS:
set dummy = (p,DUMMYID,csx + (line) * Cos(angle * .0175),csy + (line) * Sin(angle * .0175),angle)

won't work :D

But since you have Jasshelper, why don't you just check the syntax error, and see if you can fix it yourself ?? :S

R 3 T R O

Reaction score
I had a feeling it would work.
But, what part worked, Where I asked you to check the variables making sure they can compile properly or where to disable each trigger individually until you can find out where the problem is.

As for Problem#2.. You can try to check off the options [Use Custom Forces] & [Fixed Player Settings] That might work.

Lightstalker

Reaction score
JASS:
    set dummy = null

There is no such variable for what i see :D

meaning that this line:
JASS:

won't work :D

But since you have Jasshelper, why don't you just check the syntax error, and see if you can fix it yourself ?? :S

I get around 70 errors when checking the above trigger. :(

Gtam

Lerning how to write and read!! Yeah.
Reaction score
Problem 2 should have been fix because it should have been cause by problem 1. Happend to me before

roXplosive

Reaction score
I guess Problem 1 I have all the time too but problem 2 only occured to me once . I run it from another folder not Warcraft 3 install Directory .

PitzerMike

poo kaka
Reaction score
As far as I know problem 1 is caused by a bug in RtC that slipped in in version 5c. So make sure that RtC is turned off or use v5b.
Also if you're running on a war3 version higher than 1.21b make sure that war3err etc. are disabled.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.