Max Life?

ImmortaL_GoD

Reaction score
Is there a way you can simply alter the max life of a target unit? I'm trying to have the battle cry like D2, where only the max life increases (then returns to normal after 45 seconds), not the regular life at all.

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
you can add an item ability with a trigger, and then remove it later.. item abilities shouldn't show up in the unit's abilities

Ashcat

Hellooo
Reaction score
What you will have to do is make an item ability that grants +100 life or so. Then make a regular battleshout that doesn't do anything.

Now make a trigger that runs periodically, and detects units that have the buff from your custom battleshout, adding the item ability to them. Also have your trigger find units that have the item ability, but do not have the buff, and remove the item ability from them. It would look something like this.

Code:
Events:
Every 0.03 Sec
Conditions:
-
Actions:
Pick all units with buff (battle shout) and level of (+100 hp boost) equal to 0 and do:
   Add (+100 hp boost) to (picked unit)
Pick all units without buff (battle shout) and level of (+100 hp boost) greater than or equal to 1 and do:
   Remove (+100 hp boost) to (picked unit)

Sorry I havn't got my WE on this computer or I'd actually make it for you lol, but buff detection is under boolean comparison, and don't forget to clean up the leaks!

ImmortaL_GoD

Reaction score
Oh, no it's fine you didn't have to make it for me. Completely forgot about adding an item lol, thanks a lot you two.

ImmortaL_GoD

Reaction score
Ok, cool. Just wanted to let you know that I got it to work fine on the first try:
Trigger:
  • Life Call
    • Events
      • Time - Every 1.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set temp_group = (Units in (Playable map area)(((Matching unit) has buff Life Call ) Equal to True))
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in temp_group and do (Unit - Add Item Life Bonus (Greatest) to (Picked unit))
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup (udg_temp_group)
      • Set temp_group2 = (Units in (Playable map area)(((Matching unit) has buff Life Call ) Equal to False))
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in temp_group2 and do (Unit - Remove Item Life Bonus (Greatest) from (Picked unit))
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup (udg_temp_group2)

But, what would you suggest to make three different roars on one unit work? They all go off at the same time, I tried changing the Order ID, but it didn't do anything.

Ashcat

Hellooo
Reaction score
Item abilities don't really stack like that so... You'd probably have to give your units a the Hero Inventory ability, give them a tome of health, then remove the inventory ability. Then give them a tome of... minus health after the effect i suppose.

ImmortaL_GoD

Reaction score
What you mean..? I think you misunderstood. They're all different types of roars (like D2). Like armor, dmg, life, etc.

Ashcat

Hellooo
Reaction score
Oh um, I think theres two roars you can use, I think they are called Battle Roar and just regular Roar. And then you could probably use a Thunder Clap that affects friendly units as the third one.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.