Messed up thread pages on Mac OS 9

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
Well, I just looked at this page on a Mac OS 9 and it totally messes it up. The side bar is on top, then at the BOTTOM of the side bar, that's where the posts are inside of having them side by side. I'd take a sceensot of it, but I just can't figure out how to on this stupid Mac.

Anyways, how do you take screenshots on a Mac? This computer doesn't have a Print Screen button, and the mouse only has one button. (Yuck)

Oh, and by the way, Macs stink. (My grandma's going to kill me for that, since this is her computer, YIKES!)

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
Your scripts must be insufficient since I have noted numerous problems with ext, graphics, etc.

1.) The titles of members in the "View Member" option are all screwed up - they overlap eachother.

2.)Page is much bigger than it should be - even with the same resolution, I have to scroll across the entire page for about 5 mins jsut to get to the bottom.

3.) The drop down menus are also screwed up, there at the bottom of the page and I don't actually use them as drop down boxes, plus those overlap eachother as well.

It might be because this 4 year old Mac is pretty outdated and can't handle some of these scripts, does this website run XHTML 4.0 or higher?

1JadedJen

Send Lawyers, Guns and Money
Reaction score
It is not that the Mac sucks, but that you do not know how to use the Mac LOL I have two mac computers. The one I am normally on is a PowerBook G4 that's a year or so old. Super fast and I have no problems viewing this site. My other computer is a tower G4 we bought in '99 and it runs so great. Again, no problems viewing this site. Which internet browser are you using? Internet Explorer works fine but Safari is best for Macs. I have noticed that while using Internet Explorer I have to scroll down half way through the pages on the site before the words come up, but nothing major with the overall outlay. Using Safari though I have no problems at all. We have OS X on both computers but even when we had OS 9 we never had any major problems with site viewing. Maybe it's time to update grandma's computer with OS X though. At least download Safari.

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Took me a while to get used to the one Mac we have in our house. As far as I'm concerned, because I've grown up on a PC most of the time, it (the PC) has a much easier-to-learn user interface. I had trouble enough when I realized the difference between an Acer and a Mac (besides the fact that the Acer is a tablet pc :D) is that you can't double tap the touch screen to click on something. And I got so bloody used to it too....

T

Turri

Ouch, don't hate macs they're just different, Yeh, I had that problem too use Safari instead Works fine.

-edit Opps didn't read jadeds post.

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
I don't hate Macs, it's just those things are so damn different. They aren't very hard to figure out, but the controls are waaay off to what I'm use to. The Mac I was on is 4 years old and it runs as fast as this 1 year old computer, so they're pretty fast. They look pretty sleek also, but it totally messes p the pages...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.