Metamorphosis problems

CBBPhoenix

Reaction score
Hi all.

I am trying to make a hero fly (when using an ability "Levitate"). The ability should make the hero move slower but become flying as mentioned. I just made a copy of the Hero and slowed movement speed and addad movement type - flying and movement height - 250 and targeted as - air. Problem is that I don't know which ability to use when wanting to "morph" the hero to a flying one. I have tried the following:
Burrow - Game crashes
Destroyer Form - Game crashes
Metamorphosis - The Hero begins acting very oddly, casting the ability over and over again by itself even though it does not have mana enough to cast it, sometimes it is just stuck in morphing and nothing happens.
Avatar - does not allow you to change unit type.

So my question is: How can I make this hero morph without the seemingly easy functions in WE messing up the whole thing?

Thanks in advance :D

avalya

Reaction score
Did you make the new hero's movement type flying, and not just make it an air targeted unit? Make sure your metamorphosis' unit duration is set to 0, then it will morph instantaneously.

CBBPhoenix

Reaction score
As mentioned I made the Hero's movement flying too. I have tried using 0 sec for unit duration but it doesn't change anything I'm afraid... Might try Storm Crow form.

CBBPhoenix

Reaction score
Well might try add and remove although it makes no sense. But again, if it works.... vJass = over my head... sorry

Nenad

~Choco Coronet~ Omnomnom
Reaction score
Adding and removing crow form lets you change the unit's fly height, i believe it's the only GUI way to do so. ^^ Good luck! ^^

CBBPhoenix

Reaction score
hmm it seems to work. I have added / removed air / ground class too, but still need a way to alter / remove shadow image as it looks really retarded when the unit flys and the shadow remains at ground level :-/

EDIT: Okay found that the unit will act like a ground unit when order over higher level cliff, but if you stand close he will fly over (much like Spectre from DotA when walking on the shadow path) so it is an fact flying.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.