Mob Pathing Error

Silentnight1

Reaction score
First off, I am attempting to revamp so to speak, an old TD that had alot of issues and had great potential but was never finished, so some ppl may recognise the map. Also keep in mind this map is not done, only spawns that are set into there layout are used for testing, etc. much more to change/fix but would like to fix these 2 major errors first.

Alright, I am having an issue with my mob pathing, and I am unsure as to whats causing it. I have uploaded a pic of the map to give some visual aid to this problem.

14wgc61.jpg

The Blue dots are spawn points. and the Red circle wit the arrow is where im directly having one of my 2 issues.

First issue being, the mob intelligence is really bad, and for example when the mobs spawn, they run through the mazes of the 8 players on edge, and head to center. BUT if the middle player, continues to build his maze, the mobs wont recognize the change to the map and try to run through the towers, glitch, and run back to there original spawn, is there a way to have the AI adapt and realise the maze has been extended since there time of spawn?

Second, no matter what I try, I get some mobs, when they reach the point in the maze, NO MATTER WHAT, will try to run through that opening (the red circled spot), and only like 60% of the mobs will do this, others run through, and its ONLY THAT spot. I will then sell the tower blocking that spot and they run through as if its set as a check point, also there is no blocker, no region, no nothing in that location, I have checked MANY times.

So any thoughts to these issues?

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
1). re-order them to move to the center every time a playe builds a building.

2). didnt really got what you were talking about...

Silentnight1

Reaction score
1). re-order them to move to the center every time a playe builds a building.

2). didnt really got what you were talking about...

1. *EDIT* I think I got a trigger for this, but still need thoughts on why some mobs just through the maze till the end and some just glitch out and attempt to attack that wall tryin to get through, then give up and run back to their original spawning point.

2. I dont think I can really explain it any better, when they get to that spot on the map, they wanna walk through that point, with or without a tower there, its almost like the spot on the maps interior is just a region some mobs wanna hit.

Silentnight1

Reaction score
Ok I added an updated map pic, with more color. Lets say the green squares are towers, and that is the current maze I ahve set for them, the spawn from the top, will run down, some will run to that tower, attempt to attack it, fail (cuz I have attack off) and run back to spawn, while some will instead of going to that tower, will go and take the magenta line, into the maze, and head to end. Even adding more loops of towers does nothing, the mobs will then head into the maze, once they reach that tower, from the outer side, will again attempt to get through it, fail, and herad back to spawn. And no this error has nothing to do with the top enterance to center as well as a bottom, I ahve tested numerous times with only one, Same result. Thoughts on this? cuz I am completely stumped.

AoW_Hun7312

I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
Reaction score
I believe I've played this map before, back in RoC's glory days. Labyrinth TD, I think? Anyhow, I think you need to increase the neutral hostile's guard radius under gameplay constants to stop them from running back.

Silentnight1

Reaction score
I believe I've played this map before, back in RoC's glory days. Labyrinth TD, I think? Anyhow, I think you need to increase the neutral hostile's guard radius under gameplay constants to stop them from running back.

Nice memory, as stated I am overhauling it, and it is Super Lab, ROC Glory Days indeed. So, any thoughts as to why its that spot, and that spot only? vs. any other possibility? I will still look iinto guard radius increase in the meantime =D

*EDIT* I cant change those values, because then it will require the Expansion, so. This map has to stay strictly ROC.

AoW_Hun7312

I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
Reaction score
Bump your thread after every 24 hours, not 2. Anyhow, the only solution in RoC is to make the creeps a computer slot, and not neutral hostile.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.