Model turns red (think teamcolor) when shadowmelding

MP®

Reaction score
I got a nice model downloaded from the hive workshop, but when it fades to invisible with the shadowmeld ability, it turns slowly red (which is I think teamcolor, I only tested it with player 1).

It's like there is some kind of layer under the normal skin, which appears when the normal skin gets transparent (because of the shadowmeld ability).

Of course after the fading time the unit is invisible to enemies, but for the owner (and allies with shared vision) the model is still red.. This looks ugly, and it also makes the unit even more visible before it is completely invisible (for enemies). This is something I really can't use because the map is a stealth map where the unit has to be as hard to see as possible..

How can I change this? I have the War3ModelEditor. Is it fixable with that? Or would someone who is better at modelling fix it for me?

Would be really awesome if someone can help me!

LurkerAspect

Now officially a Super Lurker
Reaction score
MP(R), just so you know there IS a 24 hour no-bumping rule :thup:

Anyways, the problem is built in with the model, and there's not much you can do about it. About the best I can offer you is to completely remove the team colours, but that includes while the unit is 100% visible. You can get in touch with the modeller and ask him to fix it for you properly though :S

MP®

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply! Yeah got a bit frustrated and I wanted to go on with my map, but I need to be sure the model works properly first before I make all its abilities etc..

But well no team color is indeed a good option. I don't really mind if they don't have.. And maybe I can add a team-colored attachment or something afterwards?

=edit=

Ok I now removed the team color and it helped, but now there is another problem: some parts of the model are now gone... :(

Happy

Reaction score
why dont you set the teamcolor to grey in the object editor? should solve your porblem or?

OMGOMGOMG

UMBWGMG (Unidentified Human Being.)
Reaction score
Instead of doing what your doing, make the effect a dummy effect and set it with triggers like this:
Trigger:
  • TRIGGER
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to <YOUR ABILITY>
    • Actions
      • Unit - Hide (Target unit of ability being cast)

If that doesn't help, then there's something wrong with the model.

And NEVER DO THAT WITH MODELS THAT HAVE TEAM COLOR! Models the have Team Color REQUIRE the team color to work!

MP®

Reaction score
why dont you set the teamcolor to grey in the object editor? should solve your porblem or?
Then you will get an ugly grey unit.. The unit should be transparent. And the normal skin does, but then you see the teamcolor coming through..
Instead of doing what your doing, make the effect a dummy effect and set it with triggers like this:
Trigger:
  • TRIGGER
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to <YOUR ABILITY>
    • Actions
      • Unit - Hide (Target unit of ability being cast)

If that doesn't help, then there's something wrong with the model.

And NEVER DO THAT WITH MODELS THAT HAVE TEAM COLOR! Models the have Team Color REQUIRE the team color to work!
Hiding a unit with triggers isn't the same as shadowmeld.. The unit will be invisible to everybody and cannot be used until you unhide it again.

BTW there are lots of models of which you can remove the team color without any problems..

LurkerAspect

Now officially a Super Lurker
Reaction score
The reason theere are holes in the model is because those holes used to show the team colour of the unit through them. Just browse the war3.mpq to find a neutral texture to replace the team colour with, and the holes should disappear.

MP®

Reaction score
Thnx, da1nOnlyEd, but I have no idea how to do that... Can you explain me? Or is it very hard?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.