US News Montana third state to legalize assisted suicide

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Ruling states that terminally ill can self-administer drugs to end own life

HELENA, Mont. - A Montana judge has issued a ruling saying residents of the state have the right to doctor-assisted suicide.

The ruling issued late Friday by state District Court Judge Dorothy McCarter makes Montana the third state in which doctor-assisted suicide is legal.

The judge said Saturday she ruled in a lawsuit filed by a terminally ill Billings man, four physicians and a nonprofit patients rights group, Compassion & Choices.

Read the news here.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Didn't even know this was legal anywhere in the US.

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Didn't even know this was legal anywhere in the US.

Me either. I say let them...

ROAD TRIP TO MONTANA!!! (and 2 other states)

Jackal

You can change this now in User CP... or Die Tryin
Reaction score
Ruling states that terminally ill can self-administer drugs to end own life

HELENA, Mont. - A Montana judge has issued a ruling saying residents of the state have the right to doctor-assisted suicide.

The ruling issued late Friday by state District Court Judge Dorothy McCarter makes Montana the third state in which doctor-assisted suicide is legal.

The judge said Saturday she ruled in a lawsuit filed by a terminally ill Billings man, four physicians and a nonprofit patients rights group, Compassion & Choices.

Read the news here.

Good. If a person is terminally ill, who's right is it to keep them alive?

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Not to ruin the moment. But since when does anyone that kills themselves give a shit about whether it's legal or not?

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
The ones that fail do care...
I guess this would be the 'for sure' way to do it.

But this leaves one question... what if someone is trying to escape from like... immense debts, crime, or his wife, (any stress causing I guess) would this question the right for assisted suicide?

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
But this leaves one question... what if someone is trying to escape from like... immense debts, crime, or his wife, (any stress causing I guess) would this question the right for assisted suicide?

Well if they're terminally ill, I doubt they'll be paying back the debts anyway.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.