Morphing spell

Sunchips

Reaction score
How do I do if I wanna do a morphing spell? If I for example want a footman to be able to morph into a knight how can I make this spell? I have tried to customize metamorphosis but thats just really weird and so I tried the bear form ability but also that messes up. And I can't find a way to trigger this :S

Komaqtion

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Use the "Chaos" ability as a base, maybe ? :eek:
It's basically the same as those others, but should work ;)

Joccaren

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
If you want it to be reversable, trigger it to have 2 channel based abilities. When the first one is cast, replace the casting unit with the 'Morphed' Version which has the scond ability. When the second ability is cast, replace te casting unit with your original unit.

Sunchips

Reaction score
If you want it to be reversable, trigger it to have 2 channel based abilities. When the first one is cast, replace the casting unit with the 'Morphed' Version which has the scond ability. When the second ability is cast, replace te casting unit with your original unit.

If I do this all buffs and items will be removed from the hero :/
and i want it to be reversable

Sunchips

Reaction score
Bump

For you who have played dota you know Knight Davion have an ultimate that makes him look like a dragon for an amount of time, have no one yet found out how to do this? I badly need this for my map :/

reyghost

Reaction score
I really think that metaporhp or bear/destroyer/raven form should work just take care of the "strange fields" of those abilities,thats why they look weird when using them to make other custom ones.

Sunchips

Reaction score
I can't get this to work :/ using metamorphosis just turns the unit into demon hunter (demon form) no matter how much i change the spell and after that generic timer ends THEN it transforms into the unit i have picked and then it sometimes dies :S

As for bear form it just gets a damage bonus everytime it morphs until it hits infinite :/

reyghost

Reaction score
Are you sure you are editing all the fields?
I have just tried with destructor form and worked ok.
I think it can be problem of the field "Animation flags" (or something like that,i dont have my wc3 ed in english sorry)If they are ticked it works,the only thing is that you have to find wich one is the one that makes it work because with all ticked the m,orph costs gold,wood food and all that,find the "magic" one and delete the others so that you can have you free morph.

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
I can't get this to work :/ using metamorphosis just turns the unit into demon hunter (demon form) no matter how much i change the spell and after that generic timer ends THEN it transforms into the unit i have picked and then it sometimes dies :S

That's the Metamorphosis animation, it turns back into a demon hunter, so why don't you TRY use Goblin Machine Form.

HappyPeasant

Reaction score
Just move all items to a dummy.
Set dummy = to level of hero
then remove the footman and horse
Create a knight
Set knight level = to dummy
Give all of the dummy's items to the knight.

back and forth both ways...

I could help more if I was home.

Sunchips

Reaction score
Just move all items to a dummy.
Set dummy = to level of hero
then remove the footman and horse
Create a knight
Set knight level = to dummy
Give all of the dummy's items to the knight.

back and forth both ways...

I could help more if I was home.

If I would use this people would be able to abuse this morph to dispel debuffs on them :/

Nexor

Reaction score
Sunchips you should do what othjers say, DO it not just complaining about it.

Bear Form works perfectly you just have to change 3 fields, Alternate Unit Form, Normal Unit Form and Duration.

Alternate Unit Form - the unit which you will be morphed into
Normal Unit Form - the original unit
Duration - set to 0 if you want it to last forever.

Give the ability to both of the units: to the original and to the morph too.
Both units MUST be Heroes if you use this as a Hero Spell...
That's all. Sorry for being a bit offensive..

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
I know a fix for Metamorphosis my Friend used in his game, he created MASS fog above the metamorphosising unit so you couldnt see it turning back into a Demon hunter, but I'm not quite sure how he does it without lagging the game.

Sunchips

Reaction score
You mean removing the geoset in wich he is in demon form will cause him not to change to the demon form first? because I can easilly change the model to not have that geoset

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
You mean removing the geoset in wich he is in demon form will cause him not to change to the demon form first? because I can easilly change the model to not have that geoset

No, he simply "Hides" the demon hunter showing, using fog. But removing the geoset thing sounds interesting.

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
you said that your using a hero, if you are, then both forms must be a hero for bear form to work, try that.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.