Multiplayer "Proofing" a Trigger

eliw00d

Reaction score
I tried doing a search, and I'm not sure if I just searched for the wrong keywords or what, but I wasn't able to find much on this subject.

How would I go about multiplayer "proofing" a trigger so that multiple players can be executing the same trigger independently without interfering with each other? I tried using a global boolean array that gets the owner of the triggering unit, but it doesn't seem to work. I even tried a local boolean in the script itself and didn't have any player information in the script.

This is what is happening:

Player 1 uses itemA on itemB, trigger executes
Player 2 uses itemA on itemB, trigger executes for him, but the trigger stops or malfunctions for Player 1

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
It is called Multiple Unit Instance-ability.

Instance-ability.. That means that they can be issued at the same instance (or when the trigger is running) without having errors.

To check, make sure that you don't use globals with waits. If you use globals, then the data can be lost during the waiting period. Unless you don't use any globals after the waiting period if any.

Since you set your globals to values before the waits, the data could be lost etc... Here is a tut that can help:
http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/cat_usersubmit.php?view=51725

For yours, you need to use some sort of attaching systems to store and retrieve values from a struct. You can use an attaching system such as ABC, HSAS (Handle Struct Attachment System), or HAIL all found over at wc3campaigns.

Else, you can probably just use Flare's tut if the attachment systems seem to complicated for you.

eliw00d

Reaction score
It is called Multiple Unit Instance-ability.

Instance-ability.. That means that they can be issued at the same instance (or when the trigger is running) without having errors.

To check, make sure that you don't use globals with waits. If you use globals, then the data can be lost during the waiting period. Unless you don't use any globals after the waiting period if any.

Since you set your globals to values before the waits, the data could be lost etc... Here is a tut that can help:
http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/cat_usersubmit.php?view=51725

For yours, you need to use some sort of attaching systems to store and retrieve values from a struct. You can use an attaching system such as ABC, HSAS (Handle Struct Attachment System), or HAIL all found over at wc3campaigns.

Else, you can probably just use Flare's tut if the attachment systems seem to complicated for you.

thank you, i see now that simply learning JASS will not help as much as i originally thought. even after reading the tutorial, i don't even know where to begin. i tried putting kattana's localvars system in my custom script, init'ing a gamecache (udg_gc) at map start and then modifying my trigger slightly...and it won't even load my map. :(

edit: i downloaded newgen and put HSAS in my map. i guess i'll just have to learn how to use them. are there any specific tutorials on how to do what i'm trying to do?

should i use HSAS or CSCache?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.