Music Forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New_U.S.

ITS OVER 9000!
Reaction score
With the addition of the new movies forum, it got me thinking, why don't we have a music forum????

Also, while I'm on the subject of new forums, we should also have a (strongly watched) [Political] Issues Forum. I know this has been suggested before and I know the reasons why it was denied. The main reason was that people would just bash political leaders, which would lead to pissing people off, which would lead to people leaving the sight. Well my idea for that is to have people just talk about the issues and say what they think. So instead of having threads that said, "Bush Sucks" you would have threads being, "Your immigration polocy" or something of the sort. If someone just came in that forum to bash, then maybe a punishment would be they couldnt post in that forum anymore. Another problem I think that has been said is who would moderate it. What you could do is have either an existing or new moderater watch over it OR if you cant do that, then have members that want to see this type of forum stay clean (like me) report bad posts. Please take both my requests seriously, and if you have any questions plz ask.

Thx~ New_U.S.

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
> The main reason was that people would just bash political leaders

And each other. One of the biggest problems is the flame wars that will develop, which end up leaving everyone mad and resentful. The best way to avoid that? Don't have one of those forums. At least, not when we have a large group of young, relatively immature members....

New_U.S.

ITS OVER 9000!
Reaction score
Then couldnt you have one of your rules be dont try to bash anothers idea? If you oppose it you would have to state real facts as to why another idea is better. The rules of this forum would be those of a real debate, you can't call someone a dumbass and think your gunna win. Those are the types of posts that would be reported.

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
> Then couldnt you have one of your rules be dont try to bash anothers idea?

We already have that rule. Go ahead. Try flaming someone NOW. See what happens. :) The problem is that most people don't want to present a reasonable argument. The majority of the members probably won't be able to deal with an actual debate. They want to force their idea on others and they want to be right all the time. I don't think it would be pretty. But, I'd love to be proved wrong. A debate forum would be great. Just have to worry about those who will try to crash the party. :rolleyes:

New_U.S.

ITS OVER 9000!
Reaction score
But, I'd love to be proved wrong. A debate forum would be great. Just have to worry about those who will try to crash the party.

Not all forums are for all people. If people get out of hand then I guess thats what mods are for. And if its too bad then it can be closed. You say you would want to be proved wrong, that the members on this sight could handle it. The best way to see if they can is to have a short trial period with this type of forum.

Also, is the Music Forum in consideration?

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
> The best way to see if they can is to have a short trial period with this type of forum.

Either way, it's not my decision to make. I think I might be amiable to a short testing period, but I wonder what the chances are of that. :rolleyes:

> Also, is the Music Forum in consideration?

The idea has been thought of.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, a music forum is in consideration - that is why the new Entertainment section was created. There is no time table on that though as well as no time table on the adjustment of the side nav bar to reflect that. It will be done but please understand we are in the process of moving to a new server and I am extremely busy in Real Life. It will happen when it happens. Thanks.

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
Music Forum sounds like a bad idea to me.
Too much arguing to occur...
Like, I will say Linkin Park sucks, another person will say they rock, and try to make me change my opinion, yadda yadda yadda.

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
> Too much arguing to occur...

One could say that about the Movies forum. Or the Games forum. Or GD. Or the WoW forum. Or.... People can disagree about almost anything. So far, we seem to be doing pretty well. The thing is that a polical forum basically screams, "FLAME HERE!!" This is due to the controversial nature of the topics.

New_U.S.

ITS OVER 9000!
Reaction score
Better use of words prevents flame wars. Saying your not a fan of something is smarter then saying something sucks.

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
> Better use of words prevents flame wars.

Agreed. But will people do that? Unfortunately, probably not. You never know, though. :rolleyes:

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
Or the Games forum. Or GD. Or the WoW forum.
Well, music tastes can be COMPLETELY different. Games are usually agreed upon of what's good, what's not. WoW forum there's lots of flaming, lol. As for GD I have no idea what that is.

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
> Well, music tastes can be COMPLETELY different.

Yep. As well as, "I hate Horror movies, and if you like them, you're an idiot!"

> Games are usually agreed upon of what's good, what's not.

If you say so. :p

> As for GD I have no idea what that is.

General Discussion. Non-forum-specific flaming. :)

New_U.S.

ITS OVER 9000!
Reaction score
Is there staff meetings or something of the sort that agrees upon these sort of this and say if they will or will not happen. Or is it just, "it will happen when it happens". I really want to know if any of these ideas will take effect.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
You will.

When it happens :)

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
Listen to The Helper. Music is in development. You'll know when it happens.

New_U.S.

ITS OVER 9000!
Reaction score
Seth Cross said:
You will.

When it happens
xD

well, the thread hasnt been closed, so thats a good sign (asking for a political forum its almost +rep worthy to have it stay in thought. almost +rep worthy)

Ghan_04 said:
Listen to The Helper. Music is in development. You'll know when it happens.
its the other one I'm worried about

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
> it would be nice if I got an advanced "its a go"

Why? Would there be any point? Other than telling everyone else, "Hey! There's a new forum coming!" :rolleyes:

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
I think with that one post, you killed... 80% of your credibility. At least.

But that's just me. I'm just Seth Cross.

:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.