Music Forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
>>I think with that one post, you killed... 80% of your credibility. At least.

2nded.

>>its the other one I'm worried about

Don't worry about it. Don't you know, we work in mysterious ways, it may show up one day, or hell, it may never show up. *Cue evil laughter*

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
> 2nded

3rded

> we work in mysterious ways

Definitely.

> *Cue evil laughter*

Man, and I can do some really good evil laughter in real life.... :p

New_U.S.

ITS OVER 9000!
Reaction score
>>I think with that one post, you killed... 80% of your credibility. At least.
damn, cant slip up for a second here. ok, since its been pointed out that it may never happen, why don't you let me do an early trial. If you let me put 1 sample of what would be in this sort of forum it would be a good trial to see if it gets out of hand. The single post could just be posted in GD. All I would need is clearance to do so (and probably something telling everyone else I can do it so I don't get posts saying, "WTF, politics arnt allowed!")

Thx~ New_U.S.

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
> why don't you let me do an early trial.

Because it would be a disaster? Maybe I'll let Seth answer this....

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
We're working on it our way.

That should be enough for you. If it's not, or not quick enough, there are other forums.

Clearence denied.

Rheias

New Helper (I got over 2000 posts)
Reaction score
Music Forum: I'm very happy that TH opened a movie forum, it leaves to those that don't want to talk about tech, more things to discuss - Plus I'm a movie fan (as I know most of you are tired from hearing) so three cheers. I'm all for music forums, but, of course, posters that say "XXX sux" should be ban. No kidding, if there is something I hate more then immature people is immature posts.

Well, maybe I pushed the joke a bit, but we SHOULD try to keep this kind of forum clean out of posts like that.

Political Forum: Personally, I'm all for it, but there are too many immature users, this forum WILL become spam forum, and there is nothing admins could do about it without a small army of moderators.

Rheias

Reaction score
Flame, Spam, whatever you would like to call it, I'm certain that at least half of the posts would be "Iraq war sux, bush sux, and hell, terroristz sux as wellz" having a real political discussion requires mature users, having just one that isn't will destroy the whole debating.

I don't mind giving it a shot, actually I would love to have this kind of forum, but simply the topic draws disagreements and flaming.

New_U.S.

ITS OVER 9000!
Reaction score
which all cycles back to the million dollar question of, "Will TheHelper.net be mature enough to handle this sort of forum?"

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
> "Will TheHelper.net be mature enough to handle this sort of forum?"

And if you ever see a political/moral forum appear, you'll know that we have decided it's at least worth a try. ;)

Rheias

Reaction score
> Will TheHelper.net be mature enough to handle this sort of forum?

*Checks an average World Editor Thread* - Doubt it.

New_U.S.

ITS OVER 9000!
Reaction score
hahah, if we had this how long until you would see the words Hilary Clinton and cleavage in the same sentence???

Also along with the whole music zone idea, right now we have youtube tags, maybe we could add tags that would allow html code for music

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
Another issue with a music forum is the inevitable, "DOWNLOAD FREE SONGS HERE!!" posts that will crop up once in a while.

Hero

─║╣ero─
Reaction score
hahah, if we had this how long until you would see the words Hilary Clinton and cleavage in the same sentence???

Also along with the whole music zone idea, right now we have youtube tags, maybe we could add tags that would allow html code for music

Stuff like that increase load time too you know...

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Yes and TH.net could get in trouble with illegal music downloads...
RIAA aren't nice about that kind of crap :eek:

But if you can say that people who do that have a high punishment (like being Baned, etc.) then it maybe stop

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.