My final spell (Suggestions please)

Grags_1977

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Ok, so i'm at the final stages of the abilities. I need one more ability and I can continue with the map. But I don't know what to add :'(

These are my abilities so far. (all upgradable through powers ups, these are all level 1)

Cleave
The hero strikes with such force that 30% of the damage caused is splashed to nearby enemy units.​

Inferno
Summons an inferno to the target area dealing (Intelligence * 8) damage to all enemy units around the area.

This effect is so powerful, it can destroy certain types of objects that other abilities can not.

60 Second Cooldown.​

Mind Control
Takes control of an enemy unit (level 4 or lower) for 15 seconds.

Using the ability on a unit above level 4 will cause the units brain to implode taking (intelligence * 10) damage over 15 seconds.

60 Second Cooldown.​

Spin Attack
The hero spins around causing damage to all nearby enemies in a small radius.

Rotation 1: Strength * 1 Damage.
Rotation 2: Strength * 2 Damage.

3 Second Cooldown.​

Thorns
Deals 20% of an enemy unit's melee attack damage back to it.​

Crit/Evade
Gives a 20% chance to avoid an attack.

Every 4 points of Agility increase your chance to gain a Critical Strike by 1%​

Firebolt
Hurls a powerful fiery bolt that stuns the target for 1 second and causes (Intelligence * 6) damage.

3 Second Cooldown.​

Force Push
Pushes all enemies around the hero away causing (Strength * 2) damage.

5 Second Cooldown.​

Rush
Warps the hero to the position of an object. The ability causes (Agility * 3) damage to enemy units.

3 Second Cooldown.​

What i'm looking for

No more AOE
I'd like it to have a reveal touch to it no more than 2000 range. So I can see things on nearby edges (for puzzle purposes)

Any suggestion will be rewarded with +rep.
If I use your spell, your name will be added to the long list of credits.

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
Dispersion: 3 random units around the caster are moved to another random position within 900 range. You gain True Sight of these 3 units for 5 seconds. Cooldown of 9 seconds.

Grags_1977

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Unfortunatily, my rush ability would mess that up. And I have pathing blockers everywhere due to mountains etc.

My rush ability allows the user to teleport to Units/Destrructibles within 2000 range.

But I like the idea though!

EDIT: It's why the ability mind control is there. Because I wanted the user to have some sort of summoned friend to take the heat of the hero. But I couldn't use Feral Spirit etc, as, if they stand next to a locked door or a cliff they can summon the unit and teleport to it. which could cause the user to get stuck or find a glitchy short cut.

EDIT2: I owe you a rep lol, I just repped you in another thread ><

KaerfNomekop

Reaction score
Is the hero just some Average Bob? That limits things a bit.

EDIT: Wait. Now I remember. Was the hero called Bob?

Grags_1977

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Yes :)

I might change his name to something more heroic like... Nobhead (Fable)

It's just a single player RPG. With absolutley loads of quests, power ups, items and buggerall story line.

But the main fun in this game, is exploration and building "bob" up. I've done it no justice here at all. But i've allready put into it a good 6 months and ive barely scratched the surface on what I want to do with it.

KaerfNomekop

Reaction score
I remember I played some of it once. When is it gonna be done?

Link: Creates a link between yourself and your current position. Over the next 10 seconds, you can immediately teleport back to this location, and any enemies around your previous location are stunned for 1 second. Cooldown of 20 seconds.

Grags_1977

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I have no idea... Once i've finished my part. A friend of mine is going to take over and do the story (cause I suck in that department)

I quite like the link ability. Though rush kinda renders it useless for my map other than 1 second stun.

I've actually got an item you can use that will create a memory point anywhere you are. And if you target the item with the rush ability (in your inventory) it will teleport you back to that spot.

KaerfNomekop

Reaction score
Darn. You have to tell me more about what you have.

Mega Punch: Deals a blow to the target with frightful force, dealing attack damage + 2*Stat Total. The target is knocked back, and any units that it collides with take 50% of the dealt damage.

Grags_1977

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I like that one... I might replace thorns with that 1.

Darn. You have to tell me more about what you have.

When this maps in beta, if you remember 1 thing i've mentioned in this topic I'll eat my hat.

KaerfNomekop

Reaction score
That it's a single player RPG? XD

Replace Thorns with this one.
Spike Shield: Any unit that attacks has a 15% chance of being struck by spikes and knocked backward, taking Agility*1.5 damage.

Grags_1977

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I was just on the loo. And suddenly I thought of this spell... I think MY IDEA is awesome? Don't you think so Kaer?

Name: Beam
Type: Point Target
Function: Line Debuff
Targets: Enemy, Organic
Description: Beams of light cascade from the sky in the direction of the target point, powerfully blinding enemy units. They become unable to cast spells, and have a high chance of missing when attacking. This debuff remains until an attack is successfully launched.
Miss Chance: 40/50/60/70%

EDIT: And just as I posted this, I thought of great replacement for Thorns... Check this one out.

Spike Shield: Any unit that attacks has a 15% chance of being struck by spikes and knocked backward, taking Agility*1.5 damage.

neo34rd

Reaction score
How about a spell like this to replace your counter?

Name: Royal Guard
Type: Active Counter Spell
Description: Reflects all damage for a small duration (0.4s+0.1s*level) and knocks back enemy units. The hero is immoblized during the duration of this spell.

And this to add a combo to it.

Name: Unleash
Type: Active Counter Spell
Description: Multiples the last reflected amount of damage done by Royal Guard in the next move direction (Cone Shape: 450 range, 200 Finale Area). Unleash must be cast within a 0.2 second gap of reflect or it does nothing.
Levels: 1 - x2 reflect damage, 2 - x3 reflect damage, 3 - x4 reflect damage

And another alternate combo

Name: Sidestep
Type: Evading Spell
Description: Make a quick jump backwards (450 range) and gain a 50% increase for movementspeed for 1 second.
Level: Leveling this skills either increases the movespeed and/or duration of the movespeed.

So a possible way to excute this is to use Royal Guard, followed by SideStep and then unleash and move forward again to deal TERRIBLE TERRIBLE DAMAGE and have lots of fancy effects and the player find this ACTION PACKED.

WINWINWIN if you ask me XD

Grags_1977

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Sorry Neo, perhaps I should of said in my last post. But i'm pretty much done with all my abilities now. I'm just tidying things up.

But I apprecaite the reply nonetheless.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.