My First Anime Attempt..

n[u]ll

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score

Done in Adobe Illustrator (CS1). Took about 25 minutes. I spent about an hour the previous night learning how to draw faces (eyes, hair, mouth etc..).

I've still got to color it, but I might not. The head's a bit lopsided, and I don't like the hair too much (I'm still learning basic hair).

Critiques would be greatly appreciated on dA:
Click me!

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
Hmm... Not bad for first attempt :). When drawing anime, hair is not that important (though it is sometimes). It can be damn ugly but if the face is cute, it may mask the hair ugliness :p. The important thing in anime is the eyes. (Nose, mouth and ears aren't important, as they all look alike....). So practice your eyes and then give the face a better shape. And remember to draw ears :p (I don't think the hair is covering the ears from the dimension you drew).

The eye glow is not correct. Both sides must not be mirror image to each other. They must be similar. Light source usually comes from one particular angle. The neck must be drawn right at the middle of the face. If you can't measure correctly, just use the distance in between the eyes or the nose will do.

To make the picture nicer, color the hair and the eyes. Picture won't look nice if there are only lines. You need something dark to fill some parts of the picture.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.