mystical duplicate

emolax

Reaction score
Hi guys, im working on a spell thats gonna create a new unit every time my hero is attacked but im not sure how to do the trigger. can someone tell me please?

Beetlebomb

Reaction score
Event - A unit is attacked

Condition - Attacked unit equal to Keeper of the Grove(example)

Action - Create 1 Footman at Position of (Attacked unit) facing default building degrees.

This'll created a leak in your map though. If you plan on playing it for about an hour it can cause lag, but if it's just this trigger on your map I wouldn't worry about it.

If you want to get rid of the leak, make a point variable and assign it to the position of the attacked unit and then use this custom script to remove it:

call RemoveLocation(udg_*insert Exact NAME HERE*)

Spaces = _ in the Custom script.

Hope I've helped,

Beetlebomb

emolax

Reaction score
Event - A unit is attacked

Condition - Attacked unit equal to Keeper of the Grove(example)

Action - Create 1 Footman at Position of (Attacked unit) facing default building degrees.

This'll created a leak in your map though. If you plan on playing it for about an hour it can cause lag, but if it's just this trigger on your map I wouldn't worry about it.

If you want to get rid of the leak, make a point variable and assign it to the position of the attacked unit and then use this custom script to remove it:

call RemoveLocation(udg_*insert Exact NAME HERE*)

Spaces = _ in the Custom script.

Hope I've helped,

Beetlebomb

well i know that part, but i dont know how to get it in the spell. Sorry for my english.

Beetlebomb

Reaction score
oh, you want it to work only when someone has the spell?

Then add the condition - (attacked unit) has buff equal to (*insert spell name here*)

Make sure you base it off a spell that has a buff on it, and edit targets so that it only allows self.

I'd suggest using Unholy Aura.

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
May I suggest something like this?:

Trigger:
  • LOL WUT
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • (Level of YourAbility for (Triggering unit)) Greater than (>) 0
    • Actions
      • Multiple FunctionsIf (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Random integer number between 1 and 100) Less than or equal to (<=) ((Level of YourAbility for (Triggering unit)) x 3)
        • Then - Actions
          • Set tempPoint = (Position of (Triggering unit))
          • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at tempPoint facing 0.00 degrees
          • Unit - Add Inventory (Hero) to (Last created unit)
          • Hero - Create Wand of Illusion and give it to (Last created unit)
          • Item - Set charges remaining in (Last created item) to 1
          • Hero - Order (Last created unit) to use (Last created item) on (Triggering unit)
          • Unit - Add a 5.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
        • Else - Actions

Beetlebomb

Reaction score
I think he wants the unit to deal damage and be a different one then from the caster. I'm not quite sure though-- a hunch.

Infinity.4Sk

Reaction score
beetlebomb is helping everyone now... i liked the heatseeking trigger most :D oh uhm, sorry not relevant...

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
Why should you check for the buff if you can always check ability level :p? Ability level is in Integer Comparison, unit has buff will be in Boolean Comparison.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.