Narrow Ridge Pass

Quauhtli

I have the right to remain silent.
Reaction score
Latest Update: November 21th 2006 (ooh tomorrow is my birthday:D)
Narrow Ridge Pass
by Quauhtli

Game Story:
For many years has the area of Narrow Ridge Pass been in war. The humans and the elves are fighting over the possesion of Narrow Ridge Pass. The path to each other's base is dangerous, though, because of the dangerous pass between the two cliffs.

Game Description:
This map has a new game play mode, as far as I know. It is unique, since it's a combined DotA and Capture the Flag styled map. You fight your way to the enemies base, wich takes very long, as the map is huge, and there when you have finally reached it you capture the flag, and make that long journey back to your home base. Once you capture the flag, you cannot use any Teleport spell anymore. Note that to bring the flag into your main base and actually "capture" it, your team needs to have your own flag still in your base (if you know WoW and Warsong Gulch, you will know what I'm talking about). Also, the main path in between the cliffs (Narrow Ridge Pass), is dangerous, because of falling rocks, snow storms and even avalanches.
In the game there can be a maximum of ten players, five per team, and then two computers wich controll the armies, as in DotA style maps. Some other things are not decided yet, like if there's more rounds, to get the flag... And how heroes are going to revive.
NEW: Both teams have a main base, wich protects their own flag. However, in total, there are (currently) six bases on the map. Both teams hold two bases on the beginning, and the two other bases are hold by neutral hostile. The main bases cannont be captured, but the other ones can... The more bases you have, the more resources you get. Also, a base is a place where you might seek protection. The bases offer a slight protection (guards) and healing.

Quick Map Sketch:
Code:
+ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - +
|		)	)	[B]B[/B]	(	(		   |
|		)	)		(	(		   |
|		)	)	| |	(	(		   |
|		)	)	| |	(	(		   |
|		)	)	| |	(	(		   |
|		)	)	| |	(	(		   |
|		)	)	| |	(	(	B	   |
|		)	)	| |	(	(		   |
|		)	)	| |	(	(		   |
|	B	)	)	| |	(	(		   |
|		)	)	| |	(	(		   |
|		)	)	| |	(	(		   |
|		)	)	| |	(	(		   |
|		)	)	| |	(	(		   |
|		)	)	| |	(	(		   |
|		)	)	| |	(	(		   |
|		)	)	| |	(	(	B	   |
|		)	)	| |	(	(		   |
|		)	)	| |	(	(		   |
|	B	)	)	| |	(	(		   |
|		)	)	| |	(	(		   |
|		)	)	| |	(	(		   |
|		)	)	| |	(	(		   |
|		)	)	| |	(	(		   |
|		)	)		(	(		   |
|		)	)	[B]B[/B]	(	(		   |
+ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - +
[B]B[/B] = Main Base
B = Secondary Base
| | = Main Road
) = Cliff
Note: Rough Sketch, keep in mind that the mountains are very different…

Map Completion:
Terrain : ||||||||||
Units : ||||||||||
Triggers: ||||||||||
Effects : ||||||||||

================= =============================================================================================
Now... The big thing is... Is this idea nice? Is it something to go on with? A very new sort of map... Please tell me if I need to go on with this. If so, I would REALLY appreciate any help I could get. Terrainers, Unit Creators, Triggerers, Effecters... All needed...

Thanks for your time,
:cool:Quauhtli:cool:

chovynz

We are all noobs! in different states of Noobism!
Reaction score
The idea sounds nice.

There is one thing that concerns me though. If the distance to travel is too long, it could get boring. It would also be very hard to get 1 flag back let alone get a score of say 10.

If all blinks or other moving abilities are removed when you have the flag, all the opponents need to do is blink in to you, stun, kill, return flag.

Then the whole running process would have to start again.

IT does remind me of Unreal Tourney CTF's where you can't teleport while holding the flag. There is a lot more movement going on and WAY more players than 5 on each team in those games. Those games are "twitch " games. Wc3 isn't really. Just click and watch him move to there.

I'd find it a struggle to look for a reason to play more than once if the travel took too long. I'd find the constant dropping the flag without getting anywhere annoying. And with only 5 players? hmmm....sounds boring. You'd have to have a fullhouse to get the max playablilty out of this game....and I don't know how often that would happen.

Is there only one way to the bases? The name of the map, Narrow Ridge Pass, gives that idea. That would be a bad thing i think.

Just some thoughts.

Quauhtli

Reaction score
hmm... no thats not how it looks
just to annoucne, I'll show
(Hopefully this will work, cause sometimes it doesnt work the way u want it to)
Code:
 --------------------------------------
|                BASE                  |
|   \              [COLOR="Red"]^[/COLOR]               /   |
|    |       \     [COLOR="red"]|[/COLOR]       /      |    |
|\   |       |     [COLOR="red"]|[/COLOR]      |       |   /|
| |  |       |     [COLOR="red"]|[/COLOR]      |       |  | |
|/   |       |     [COLOR="red"]|[/COLOR]      |       |   \|
|    |       /     [COLOR="red"]|[/COLOR]       \      |    |
|   /              [COLOR="red"]v[/COLOR]               \   | 
|               BASE                   |
 --------------------------------------
Note that this isn't correct... In this fast 2 minute maid sketch,
 the map is wide, in the actuall map, the map is not wide...
 You should see this as the opposite of what it is...
In here, the Red Arrow indicates the actual "narrow pass"... However, the mountains on the left and the right may be cliffs, but you can climb onto them... This means that lot's of extra things are able... This explains something like why it has DotA style... => There will be "Defender Towers" on the mountains, north the elves, south the humans...

P

Pandaren

Woot! Sounds fun! It a bit reminds me of "Eye of the Storm" the new BG in WoW BC where you get to capture flags/AV thing. But, I only skimmed through that. Can't wait to play it :D you gotta keep making this its awesome. Tempting to help terrain, but I got a pretty big project on my hands.

Quauhtli

Reaction score
Three votes of making this map... That might be enough... But...
I need help!
Truelly!
The newly thought stuff require some more help, and the map is really big, so that would mean I would need an expert terrainer... Yes, all expert terrainers out there, this is the time to act. (lol, what i just said is so NOT me...)
Okay, with two more votes I will consider this map to be good, and that it would need to be made.
Just help is what I need now.

Thanks for your time,
:cool:Quauhtli:cool:

A

Aasimir

hey what the heck?...

aren't you already working with me on some RPG?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.