Natives?

xxxtrickyxxx

(o Y o)
Reaction score
How do I call these? call getcamerafield... then what? or do i not on natives?

constant native GetCameraField takes camerafield whichField returns real

native CameraSetupSetField takes camerasetup whichSetup, camerafield whichField, real value, real duration returns nothing

native CameraSetupGetField takes camerasetup whichSetup, camerafield whichField returns real

native PanCameraToWithZ takes real x, real y, real zOffsetDest returns nothing

native SetCameraRotateMode takes real x, real y, real radiansToSweep, real duration returns nothing

My camera with editor seems to always glitch and rotation in editor is crappy.

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
i don't really understand the question...what are you trying to do?

U

Unregistered

what are constant functions, and why should i use them

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
make a new topic next time you want to ask something like this...
constants are variables that are defined and cannot be changed. constant functions are simply used to return some value, similar to the way globals work.

U

Unregistered

then what is the diffrence between these 2?

constant function returnInteger takes nothing returns integer
return 5
endfunction

function returnInteger takes nothing returns integer
return 5
endfunction

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
constant functions never change, and thus are a little faster

Daelin

Kelani Mage
Reaction score
Constant functions, just as constant variables, exist for a reason: they work faster. However, a constant variable's value cannot be change, while a constant function may not call any non-constant functions. You can read more about it here.

~Daelin

xxxtrickyxxx

(o Y o)
Reaction score
well i cant write in jass, i meant can you call these functions? like using gui custom script action. I couldnt figure it out it would always return as an error.

I was just looking for a better way to work with cameras outside GUI, since GUI cameras like the camera rotation trigger seems to always want to slow down right before it stops causing it to be hard to aim or anything, also hoping with jass I could create a smaller FOV than 20, but I think like someone said, wc3 engine doesnt support any lower.

corvusHaunt

Reaction score
Yes, you can call JASS functions in GUI by using the Custom Script action.

You were probably getting errors because you didn't include the parameters.

If you are making a cinematic, or anything that uses alot of cameras or effects, I suggest that you use the Cinematic System by Anitarf and Infrane. You can control cameras, and every other aspect of making cinematics very precisely with this system. Hope that helps :)

xxxtrickyxxx

(o Y o)
Reaction score
hmm...i know u can call functions in gui but what im trying to ask though is what do I call for those I pasted as everything I try doesnt work. Sadly, wc3jass.com doesnt tell you the call script they just give you what to paste in the functions part, and not how to call it.

That cinematic things so complicated its like all jass.

corvusHaunt

Reaction score
I think your problem is parameters. To call a function, you need to designate these. For example:
Code:
DisplayTextToPlayer takes [COLOR=Red]player toPlayer[/COLOR], [COLOR=Red]real x[/COLOR], [COLOR=Red]real y[/COLOR], [COLOR=Red]string message[/COLOR] returns nothing

*Red means parameters
To call this you need to tell it what you want for these parameters.
These won't work:
Code:
Custom Script: call DisplayTextToPlayer
Custom Script: call DisplayTextToPlayer()
This will work:
Code:
Custom Script: call DisplayTextToPlayer(Player(0),0,0,"Hello world!")
If you call a function that "takes nothing" then just use "()"
Code:
Custom Script: call TheFunction()

Does that clear things up?

2. Yes, I know it is in JASS, but you don't need to write anything, just call the function and stick in what you want. If you read any "Basic JASS" tutorials, it can help you understand.

xxxtrickyxxx

(o Y o)
Reaction score
sorry, havent been on helper for a bit....

:D that actually helps quite a bit, i always had to spend an hour trying to get a script to work cuz no one included the call functions. although I dont htink im going to use any of the jass codes for cameras, just because its too complicated getting the vars for like whichSetup and radians to sweep or whatever.'

-o ya.... +rep 2 u guys! :eek:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.