Need help choosing a laptop

oorosco

Reaction score
I need a new Desktop replacement for my Asus G71gx... i got unlucky and got a laptop that is a "lemon" product and got screwed over store politics by being cheaped out of a two year warranty since i purchased through Best Buy. Despite this i realize that this doesn't happen much and i don't mind getting another Asus laptop i just need a replacement akin if not better performance than the Asus G71gx... i'm not too knowledgeable about computers which is why i am here.

Requirements:
Around 1,000 dollar price.
Better performance than the Asus g71gx laptop, or at least a bit better.
No macbooks, hate them and they're overpriced.

Nenad

~Choco Coronet~ Omnomnom
Reaction score
Is this laptop solely for gaming? Will you also be carrying it around to school/work or whatever else you have?

What kind of screen size are you comfortable with?

There is a pretty neat laptop, the Acer Aspire Timeline 4820TG.

The screen is 14'' so you might not prefer this (although i found it doesn't bother me in many games).
Secondly, if you do consider getting it, get a windows disc and reinstall the operating system, the stuff that it comes with is beyond crap and kills the computer.
Another "problem" is that it is a bit frail, but unless you abuse it on purpose it shouldn't be a problem.

If you don't know much about computers and you want a bigger laptop, don't buy it. If you know how to reinstall windows, don't mind the screen size and can workaround all the little problems it has, get this heavenly piece of lightweight portable goodness. At only 2 kg. This laptop is easy to have on you're lap, table and carry around without feeling it. Another positive thing is that it doesn't heat up at all, making it very comfortable to hold.

Sajin

User title under construction.
Reaction score
For gaming or multimedia Get an alienware, for anything else Id recomend a macbook with windows installed on it :p windows wise any are alright, none will last you over a few years unless you pay strict attention to security and virus protection and never use the internet. My sister has this http://www.dell.com/us/p/inspiron-1121/pd?~ck=anav and sofar its lasted ok except for a few viruses she got from watching movies online so id try this unless you can afford a macbook :)

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
For gaming or multimedia Get an alienware, for anything else Id recomend a macbook with windows installed on it :p windows wise any are alright, none will last you over a few years unless you pay strict attention to security and virus protection and never use the internet. My sister has this http://www.dell.com/us/p/inspiron-1121/pd?~ck=anav and sofar its lasted ok except for a few viruses she got from watching movies online so id try this unless you can afford a macbook :)
sorry, but both macs and alienware are overpriced, and you can get a free anti-virus to get rid of viruses..

oorosco

Reaction score

I am looking for a power per square inch laptop, I want it to run almost all games on full spec like my asus did

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.