Need help creating a multiboard

LordXavier

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
I am starting a Capture the Flag map and I have found myself in a dead end with my multiboard. I want a multiboard that looks like the picture below. I can make multiboards fine, but I am clueless when it comes to making it like the picture I have so it only has a row for the player if they are playing. Please help! +rep for good help+problem solvers

Edit: The words "Capture the Flag" and the up arrow in the top are the title of the multiboard and the minimize/maximize thingy (idk why i put that in)

3699952594_12a01f2fd9.jpg

ArmyOfFrogs

Reaction score
Before i start writing stuff up i'd like to point you to this tutorial ^^ I'll still start writing it though :)

Code:
Variables
PlayerColors[ size number of players ], String
PlayerColoredNames [ size number of players ], String
Kills [ same as above], Integer
deaths [ ^ ], Integer
Possessions & captures as well, Integers
PlayerCount, Integer
Multiboard spot[ size number of players ], integer
I'm not sure what you did with player ordering or whatever.. confusing. But from here on out player 1 is teal, 2 is yellow, 3 is green, 4 is gray, 5 is purple, 6 is orange, 7 is pink, 8 is LB

Trigger:
  • PlayerColors
    • Set PlayerColors[1] = |c0000ffff
    • Set PlayerColors[2] = |c00ffff00
    • Set PlayerColors[3] = |c0000ff00
    • Set PlayerColors[4] = |c6c7b8b
    • Set PlayerColors[5] = |c00800080
    • Set PlayerColors[6] = |c00ff8000
    • Set PlayerColors[7] = |c00ff00ff
    • Set PlayerColors[8] = |cffa4d3ee

Trigger:
  • PlayerColoredNames <-- Will be referred to as PCN
    • Set PlayerColoredNames[1] = (PlayerColors[1]+Name of Player 3(Teal)+|r
    • Set PCN[2] = PlayerColors[2]+Name of Player 5(Yellow)+|r
    • Set PCN[3] = PlayerColors[3]+Name of Player 7(Green)+|r
    • Set PCN[4] = PlayerColors[4]+Name of Player 9(Gray)+|r
    • Set PCN[5] = PlayerColors[5]+Name of Player 4(Purple)+|r
    • Set PCN[6] = PlayerColors[6]+Name of Player 6 (Orange)+|r
    • Set PCN[7] = PlayerColors[7]+Name of Player 8 (pink)+|r
    • Set PCN[8] = Player Colors[8]+Name of Player 10 (Light Blue)+|r

Trigger:
  • Multiboard Create
    • Events
      • Elapsed time .1 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set PlayerCount = (Number of players in (all players playing matching Matching player controller equal to user and matching player slot status is equal to is playing))
      • Multiboard - Create a multiboard with 5 columns and PlayerCount+3 rows titled |cffffff00Capture the Flag|r
      • Multiboard - Set text in column 1, row 1 to Player
      • Multiboard - Set text in column 1, row 2 to |cffff0000Team 1|r
      • Multiboard - Set text in column 1, row 8 to |c000000ffTeam 2|r
      • For each (integer a) from 1 to (Player count+3) do actions
        • loop - actions
          • Multiboard - set display style for (last created multiboard) item column 1, row (Integer A) to 10% of total screen width
          • Multiboard - set display style for (last created multiboard) item column 2, row (integer a) to 7% of total screen width
          • Multiboard - set display style for (last created multiboard) item column 3, row (integer a) to 7% of total screen width
          • Multiboard - set display style for (last created multiboard) item column 4, row (integer a) to 7% of total screen width
          • Multiboard - set display style for (last created multiboard) item column 5, row (integer a) to 7% of total screen width
    • //Could probably do a loop here, not sure how it would get the spacing right or the team 1/2 though
      • Multiboard - Set text in column 1, row 3 to PCN[1]
      • Multiboard - Set text in column 1, row 4 to PCN[2]
      • Multiboard - Set text in column 1, row 5 to PCN[3]
      • Multiboard - Set text in column 1, row 6 to PCN[4]
      • Multiboard - Set text in column 1, row 9 to PCN[5]
      • Multiboard - Set text in column 1, row 10 to PCN[6]
      • Multiboard - Set text in column 1, row 11 to PCN[7]
      • Multiboard - Set text in column 1, row 12 to PCN[8]

Bleh your silly ordering has thrown loops using player numbers completely off.. Unsure of a way to set the other values you want without sitting there and doing if / then / else for the owner of triggering unit and whatnot.

LordXavier

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Before i start writing stuff up i'd like to point you to this tutorial ^^ I'll still start writing it though :)

Bleh your silly ordering has thrown loops using player numbers completely off.. Unsure of a way to set the other values you want without sitting there and doing if / then / else for the owner of triggering unit and whatnot.

I have checked out that tutorial and I know how to make multiboards. I just need help making it like the pic I made but removing the rows for players that aren't playing/have left the game.
you did help, sort of, so +rep

ManyTimes

I'm so lonesome I could cry...
Reaction score
Here

Manage to update it yourself/adding the colors you want?

Here is a pic of it too...

PS: I saved the rows for team1, team2, and timer in an integer variable, hence if you want to update any column for any of those... you do it like this:
Code:
Actions
    Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 3, row RowTeam1 to YEAS
Same goes for team 2 and time... Column 3, Row to "RowTeam1" would update Team1's possesions points.

Also; if you want the numbers "in middle" like on your picture, just add a few spaces in front of the 0's...

Attachments

• Mutlibarodads.w3x
    20.5 KB · Views: 91
  • Clipboard02.jpg
    Clipboard02.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 108

LordXavier

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
@ ManyTimes: Cool, but I was hoping you might be able to make it so any player that's slot status is "is unused" wouldn't have a row. Example: players Teal-Gray (team 1) are all playing, but only Orange-Light Blue are playing for team 2, now could you move Oranges row and down up one and remove purples?

ManyTimes

I'm so lonesome I could cry...
Reaction score
What?

>>>Cool, but I was hoping you might be able to make it so any player that's slot status is "is unused" wouldn't have a row.
It is like that, jesus.

Look the pictures... If all players are playing, they will show up in the multiboard...

If only player 3, 9 and 10 plays, only those 3 will show in the multiboard...

But I have set the player slots to computers to begin with, to see that every player was added...(see the picture to the right, all slots are computers)... hence they are all "playing", which again means; they are added to the board. if only 3 players are playing, look the picture in middle, the outcome would be the picture on the rigth.

If you play and you choose "Computer (Insane)" in one of the slots, do you want that computer player to be shown in the multiboard? If so; it does so now... IF you do not want that, do this:
Go to the "Map init" trigger, change:
Code:
If - Conditions
    ((Player((Integer A))) slot status) Equal to Is playing
Into :
Code:
If - Conditions
    ((Player((Integer A))) slot status) Equal to Is playing
    ((Player((Integer A))) controller) Equal to User

PS: it is like you ask for, so... copy it into your map and test it! :)

Attachments

• asd.jpg
    asd.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 83
  • Clipboard04.jpg
    Clipboard04.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 87
  • Clipboard02.jpg
    Clipboard02.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 80

LordXavier

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
oh.. sorry i'll go retest it

Edit: Okay, retested. It still showed every player on the board. I changed a bit of the triggers, just so it only picks users that are playing and it works perfectly! thank you so much ManyTimes (credit for multiboard will be given to you). Thank you ArmyOfFrogs for your help. Another thing, Army, the ordering for the units is evens and odds, Red=Team 1 and Blue=Team 2

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.