Need help with basic cinematic triggers

magnemann

Reaction score
I am for the time being, making a map where I practice on cinematics. (triggers and cameras) (Instead of posting my triggers, I have uploaded the map)
I have 2 problems with my map:

-When the hero of the map enters a region, a cinematic will start. BUT, before the cinematic starts, I have an action like this:
Code:
 Wait 4.00 seconds
Why? Because another trigger displays a quest as completed and plays a sound, so the cinematic has to wait for 4 seconds. The problem? Within those 4 seconds, it's possible to activate the trigger with the cinematics several times! How do I solve this?

-In the cinematic, Chuck Norris (blood mage) is walking towards a point, and then he is supposed to face the troll, and the troll faces against Chuck Norris too early. Need a bit help in solving this.

I hope I am able to learn from my mistakes. :thup:

Attachments

• Cinematics practice.w3x
    58.8 KB · Views: 72

ManyTimes

I'm so lonesome I could cry...
Reaction score
Trigger- Turn off This Trigger, then it will only run once.
Ehm, why wait 4 seconds? Why not play the quest completed after? Or inside the cinematic?
Or Pause all heroes?
Pause triggering unit?

>Any ideas on what to do regarding my second question?
Yes, multiples. You start doing something, then show us the code when you are stuck. Effort. :)

>>then the rest of the cinematic probably wouldn't work since it would be turned off?
Of course not. THe trigger runs as normal, just once! Then when it has ended, if you want to show it later on, or for the next hero who enters the region (unless all players views it at the same time), you can turn it back on, at the bottom of the trigger of yours.

>>Playing the quest completed song in the cinematic would just be dumb
Who listens to wc3 sounds anyway?

magnemann

Reaction score
If I used Trigger- Turn off This Trigger, then the rest of the cinematic probably wouldn't work since it would be turned off? Playing the quest completed song in the cinematic would just be dumb, since, imo that's just wrong. If I really have to I guess I have to pause the unit, but I will use that as THE VERY LAST SOLUTION.

Any ideas on what to do regarding my second question?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.