Need Help with obtaining hero parameters

roXplosive

Reaction score
I want to make a skill that is autocast and fires as many times a second as your hero normally attacks . Is there a way to determine the attack cooldown of the hero ? If not can you obtain the BAT and total IAS ?

I want my skill to deal attack type hero , damage type normal , ranged damage in ammount of 1/2 hero attack damage . Is there any way of obtaining hero's attack damage ?

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
for getting the heroes attack damage you can create an exact copy of your unit using game cache and let it attack a dummy at some dummy position now you can get the damage dealt to the dummy.
damage boost from passive abilitys and items are included however buffs and aura effects are not.
i remember i once had a demo map for this purpose but i seem not to find it, i ll make a new one if you dont get what i am talking about (its kinda confusing) as fast as possible.

roXplosive

Reaction score
I asked on DA mechanics forums how did they make the Medusa splitshot deal 75% of hero damage but all I got were some strange answers . My aim is to make a 1/3 hero damage and at norlam hero attack speed skill named Spore Shot with autocast enabled . When I enable autocast my hero should switch to attack 2 ( disabled) and periodically fire arrows in the direction he is facing (non homing). All of this arrows have the ability to split on striking into 2 that seek new targets (non homing too) up to a maximum 4 times . On the fourth split the arrows can split into 2/4/6/8 depending on skill level .

I also want to make an item that has 40% ctc Arrow on striking . Aka when an enemy is damaged by the hero with attack damage from the position of the hero an arrow dealing 100% of hero damage is spawned and travels towards the enemy that triggered the effect . Arrow is not homing .

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
i uploaded a demo map how to get the damage of a unit (in GUI) using game cache however this system has some flaws!
-you dont get your units damage instantly! but with a short delay which is equal to your units "Combat - Attack # - Animation Damage Point" value.
-does work for items and abilitys but not for buffs/auras given by other units.
-does neither get the average damage value but a random possible damage value dealt to a unit with unarmored armor type and 0 armor (if your hero has a damage between 39-47 it will take a random number out of it)
-might not work with custom abilitys which increase your heroes damage on attack/etc.
-it needs a dummy area
-needs a dummy unit

Its MUI, MPI and leakless.
accname.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.