Need some explination

Lumograph090

Reaction score
I'm just curious as exactly this ability works within Warcraft as the math for it just sounds ridiculously over powered.

incinerateauto.jpg
Incinerate (Autocast)
Each attack made is enchanced with living flames that cling to the target. These flames add a small amount of damage on the first attack, twice as much on the second attack, three times as much on the third attack, etc. If the unit dies while under this effect, it is incinerated, causing significant damage to all nearby hostile units.

Level 1: 1 bonus damage.
Level 2: 2 bonus damage.
Level 3: 3 bonus damage.

Math for this would be the following...

First attack ~ +2 damage, second attack ~ +4 damage, third attack ~ +12 damage, forth attack ~ +48 damage, fifth attack ~ +240 damage, etc.

I really don't see how +240 damage would ever work in a ladder match. Am I missing something?

ZugZugZealot

Reaction score
Well one factor to take in consideration... Does the buff have a cap to how high the bonus damage can get? Is there a limited duration on the buff where each bonus of it is made disappears too fast to be considered crazy?

WolSHaman

knowledgeably ignorant
Reaction score
I'm just curious as exactly this ability works within Warcraft as the math for it just sounds ridiculously over powered.

incinerateauto.jpg
Incinerate (Autocast)
Each attack made is enchanced with living flames that cling to the target. These flames add a small amount of damage on the first attack, twice as much on the second attack, three times as much on the third attack, etc. If the unit dies while under this effect, it is incinerated, causing significant damage to all nearby hostile units.

Level 1: 1 bonus damage.
Level 2: 2 bonus damage.
Level 3: 3 bonus damage.

Math for this would be the following...

First attack ~ +2 damage, second attack ~ +4 damage, third attack ~ +12 damage, forth attack ~ +48 damage, fifth attack ~ +240 damage, etc.

I really don't see how +240 damage would ever work in a ladder match. Am I missing something?
it might just multiply by the first term. This would mean 2 damage, 4 damage, 6 damage, 8 damage, 10 damage. If it did it your way it would just be stupidly good.

fyor

Reaction score
No it does the multiplier correctly (2, 4, 8, 16), but it costs a lot of mana at the same time.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.