Nested unit groups not working

drol

Reaction score
Hello thehelper.net forum :)

I'm having a problem with a spell I'm creating, its based of lightning shield, it buffs a unit with "Poisonous Rock" buff. What I'm doing is adding that unit to a unit group, then every second I'm picking all people inside that group and make a new unit group per unit with units around a buffed unit. Im healing those units.
This doesn't work however and I can't see whats going wrong, could someone look over the triggers and see my mistake?
(By not working I mean no unit is healed and no floating text is shown at anytime.)

Trigger 1:
Trigger:
  • Poisonous Rock
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Poisonous Rock
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Add (Target unit of issued order) to PoisonousRock
      • Set PoisonousRockStatsCaster = (Triggering unit)

Trigger 2:
Trigger:
  • Poisonous Rock Heal
    • Events
      • Time - Every 1.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in PoisonousRock and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
                • Conditions
                  • ((Picked unit) has buff Poisonous Rock (Caster) ) Equal to True
                  • ((Picked unit) has buff Poisonous Rock ) Equal to True
            • Then - Actions
              • Set PoisonousRockCaster = (Picked unit)
              • Set PoisonousRockPoint = (Position of PoisonousRockCaster)
              • Set PoisonousRockDmg = (Units within 200.00 of PoisonousRockPoint matching ((Owner of (Matching unit)) Not equal to Neutral Hostile))
              • Unit Group - Pick every unit in PoisonousRockDmg and do (Actions)
                • Loop - Actions
                  • Set PoisonousRockHeal = ((Real((Max((Max((Strength of PoisonousRockCaster (Include bonuses)), (Agility of PoisonousRockCaster (Include bonuses)))), (Intelligence of PoisonousRockCaster (Include bonuses)))))) x (0.08 + (0.02 x (Real((Level of Poisonous Rock for PoisonousRockStatsCas
                  • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads (String((Min((Integer(PoisonousRockHeal)), (Integer(((Max life of (Picked unit)) - (Life of (Picked unit))))))))) above (Picked unit) with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (0.00%, 100.00%, 0.00%), and 0.00% transparency
                  • Floating Text - Set the velocity of (Last created floating text) to 60.00 towards 90.00 degrees
                  • Floating Text - Change (Last created floating text): Disable permanence
                  • Floating Text - Change the lifespan of (Last created floating text) to 1.50 seconds
                  • Floating Text - Change the fading age of (Last created floating text) to 1.00 seconds
                  • Unit - Set life of (Picked unit) to ((Life of (Picked unit)) + PoisonousRockHeal)
              • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_PoisonousRockPoint)
              • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_PoisonousRockDmg)
            • Else - Actions
              • Unit Group - Remove (Picked unit) from PoisonousRock

Jedi

Reaction score
Trigger:

that should be
Trigger:
  • Unit Group - Add (Target unit of ability being cast) to PoisonousRock

drol

Reaction score
Trigger:

that should be
Trigger:
  • Unit Group - Add (Target unit of ability being cast) to PoisonousRock

Crap, silly mistake. Thanks for the help :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.