New DotA

Outbreak191

Reaction score
Since everyone is complaining about DotA sucking and dominating the map scene I thought it would be a good idea, since we have this fantastic DotA template, to make a new DotA. Everyones problems with the original DotA seem to be teamwork or balance realted so if we make 12 heroes on each team to make balancing easier and possibly think up more elements to make teamplay a factor then we may have a hit.

I think we should make all the heroes fully custom like in ToB, with custom skins, abilities and icons to make it more interesting.

If anyone wants to help I'd like to get as many poeple in as possible for items and heroes. We also need a name incase anyone has a good one.

WastedSavior

A day without sunshine is like, well, night.
Reaction score
people dont care about custom skins, sure there awesome, but they lag, and people wanna get into gameplay fast, I for one XD want a Crab Hero.. You never see crab heros >> lol

S

Slaughter

My objection to DotA isn't balance or teamplay. It's game length. And inertia. Not only will it take an hour to finish most games, but the dominant strategy (meaning the "best" one, not the most popular) seems to be not to press advantages too hard, so that the right way to play means even if you dominate, you still don't finish the game at all quickly.

A hero with a Makrura model would be fine in my book.

Outbreak191

Reaction score
The template does have a built in ultra short mode already that means all heroes start at level 10 and gain exp and gold faster which should answer your problem.

Edit: *sigh* after spending about a day on this it corrupted after saving and I can't really be bothered to start again so this is now discontinued.

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
what???

and rofl skins do not lag lol

S

Slaughter

Colored Zeus would look the same as Beazel the weapons dealer. "My hero won't move. wtf.......oh, right."

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
SD_Ryoko said:
When ppl gonna learn

You dont need models or skins to make a winning map.

Look at DotA now.

They use custom skin just to make zues gray.

Thats why the map file is over 2 megs now

That pointless - who cares if zues is gray or colored?

I dont.

I dont think they do use a custom skin for him, just the avatar model I believe

and the reason I feel the map is so large is becuase if the new loading screen, which added like 800kb to the map, the only custom skins they have are for the phantom lancer ( with model) and invoker....not that great of an idea if you ask me

Outbreak191

Reaction score
I think ccustom skins can add alot to a map depending on how good they are and how different they are to the original, I don't know about you but I get bored of seeing the same models and skins in every map.

Edit: Im thinking of starting this up again because I have nothing else to do but only if someones gonna help. So, anyone?

S

Slaughter

Yeah it occurs to me that there are a bunch of ways to call up the Avatar model without exporting its skin and re-importing. You can give it an ability that tells it to use 'alternate' animations, and you are set. Can't remember what ability turned out to be most convenient.

Outbreak191

Reaction score
Just add alternate as a required animation name, thats how beserkers are different to headhunters despite havin the same model.

U are a noob

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
SD_Ryoko said:
When ppl gonna learn

You dont need models or skins to make a winning map.

Look at DotA now.

They use custom skin just to make zues gray.

Thats why the map file is over 2 megs now

That pointless - who cares if zues is gray or colored?

I dont.
umm tahts one opinion
and to thin of it some of the winning maps have custom models. and if i saw a custom map with all new models ill pay it for sure.
And if people didnt have custom models why have them? how come bliazzrad couldnt just have one peasent name different things and do different stuff?
no offense but i think you are wrong.
Any one ever read the giver? is a book

Sargon

Reaction score
uareanoob said:
Any one ever read the giver? is a book

That book was awful.

I think that Ryoko's point (at least, as I understood it) is that custom models are nice, but all the custom models in the world won't make a crappy map good.

Jazradel

Helping people do more by doing less.
Reaction score
Oh god. We had to read 'The Giver' in English. It was... uhhh.....

Yeh I'm bored of DotA so go ahead and make a nice new fun AoS.

And Zeus simple has his Red/Blue/Green levels to 50 or something.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.