New here and have some simple questions

TechHead

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm new to the site and I've been editing maps to play between my friends for a few days and I've been having trouble with two things.
First: When I make a group of units in a region and order them to Attack-Move to a region, I want them to go there and fight the player however as soon as they reach the region they turn back to the initial region they were spawned from.
How can I avoid this?

Second: I used Time: Periodic so every 1 second Add 1 Gold to Player 1, however I made a Money Farm in the map and I wanted to make it so when I upgrade the money farm to money farm 2 a trigger and condition would happen to make it so Player 1 gained 2 gold per second. What do?

Thanks in ahead guys :)

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
1). Either dont use neutral hostile / a computer player as the owner of the units (because the built in standard AI is ordering the units to move back to their guard positions) or use the trigger action "AI - ignore units guard position" on all units spawned.

2). Too many ways to list them all up.
if you want to have good possibilities for future upgrades and maybe more and more different kinds of farms you can give each farm unit type a distinctive "point value" (its a field in the object editor, stats - point value) and make the periodic trigger give each player money corresponding to the point value of their farm building, or if you want to be able to built several of these the sum of the point values.
But honestly, there is so much room for so many solutions, we could write books about this topic. Just pick one which suits your needs.

TechHead

Reaction score
1). Either dont use neutral hostile / a computer player as the owner of the units (because the built in standard AI is ordering the units to move back to their guard positions) or use the trigger action "AI - ignore units guard position" on all units spawned.

Thanks for the reply, I'm working on this one right now so I'll address this one; besides neutral hostile or computer player what other options can I pick because all other options are different players and Neutral passive, neutral victim. Would passive or victim work?

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Dont think so but i cant confirm.
Basically you just need to give it to a non-player owner slot but do not set it to be a computer player in the game settings.
Or, as i said, use the trigger action to turn off the guard positions.

TechHead

Reaction score
I apologize for bringing it up again, but I placed point value 2765 for the gold farm, Created a trigger where event is Time elapsed 1 second, Action is give 1 gold to player 1. The point value comes in with a condition right? Which condition option do you use to select the point value?

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.