New To Photoshop - First Pic

Zedzy

ℑΣÐℑΨ
Reaction score
I'm really new to photoshop, and I was wondering if you guys could C&C the pic I've made. Please remember that I am new to photoshop.

Effects_Murloc_Smallcopy.jpg

Render:

Baby_Murloc.png

Background:
url

Though this might be obvoius - please only post something to help me get better.

New smiley :thdown: matches :thup:.

FireEffect

Gasp!
Reaction score
Just keep experimenting to get results, photoshop is a really powerful tool when you get better at it. Its pretty good, for a newbie.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
You spelled motor wrong.

Also, I think the text and the background should be more detailed and car related. It's also low-quality.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
My Graphics teacher is a pro PSer xD

You stretched the background image on your pic.
You didn't do much else did you?

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Zedzy

ℑΣÐℑΨ
Reaction score
Nahh... Just explain it :D

Umm, might take awhile.

• I looked for simple warcraft 3 renders, I decided to use this one.
  • I then proceeded to remove the sand underneath the murlocs feet.
  • I tried to back my own background with brushes, but that completely failed, so I got the one that you see now.
  • I stretched the image (which I regret now :() to make it fit.
  • I copied the background, then covered it with a 50% opacity blue bruch, to make it closer to the murloc's color.
  • I then put the blue background layer to 50% opacity.
  • I decided to use the zoom filter, to make the focus more on little murky. This created a very neat effect, with the blue background giving the shape of the objects, and the normal one, mixing colors with the blue, and zooming (if that makes any sense.
  • I thought it looked nice so far, except that the murloc stood out too much, so I copied him, guassian blurred the copy, and set it to screen to soften out and sharp edges between the background, and the render.
  • The background was Stranglethorn, so I thought that it should reflect that more. I colored a whole layer green, and set the opacity to 10%.
  • Finally, just for the sake of randomness, I added the little sparkles.
  • The picture was acually much taller, but I found it much more appealing to set it to the size that it is now.

I left out the part where I took the fin and copy and pasted it about 50, then realized that I didn't like the way it looked :p (among the other things I took out :rolleyes:)

juty

Zoom out problems look smaller
Reaction score
Certainly 1 off the better first attempts at PS I think your first is better than my currently and I have had about 10 attempts as people have said it requires allot off time and practice all up it is a good attempt and I can see you making a lot off good work into the future

Zedzy

ℑΣÐℑΨ
Reaction score
I created a geography poster for school, and here it is:

PosterMainJPG.jpg

I want you to focus on the penguin (not the words (don't read the words)), how could I make him better?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.