NightElf Strat talk

B

beedy

Alright, so here i am learning how to play NE.

But what i really want to know is which NE heroes are good against the other races. Here are what heroes i go with to other races.

DarkRanger if im against undead
Keeper if im against Nightelf
DH if im against human (discuss this if hes really good against human. cause sometimes humans pick the dreaded mountainking)
DH if im against orc ( discuss this too)

InfectedWithDrew

I used to go here a lot.
Reaction score
I pick Warden as my first, if I don't get a merc. Demon Hunters' Mana Burn is useless against starting units, except heroes, and they are kinda frail for melee heroes. Wardens are tougher, and their spells aren't too shabby either.

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
I usually play against a computer Undead (insane, of course) (I don't have Battle.net). I pick Warden as my first hero, then Keeper and, if I haven't finished the game yet, I also get the Priestess. Avatar+Starfall+Tranquility = Great Game against undead. Especially against Frost Wyrms :D

Tranquility is really good because it has a fast cooldown and heals fast. Avatar is also good because it's a good unit and summons those small thingies that are immune to magic. Finally, Starfall, casted right near Tranquility, in the middle of the enemy base, turns everything to dust, the 2 casters beign almost impossible to touch.

B

beedy

Warden is tougher than Demonhunter?? err.. i dont think so.

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
Personally, I think that Warden is better than Demon Hunter. I reached this conclusion by changing different tactics. When I started playing NE, I was getting DH first, but then I switched to Warden and I noticed that it's better.

Battle[StFh]

Reaction score
Yeah I also think that Warden is better than Demon Hunter, but vs. Orc I might take the Demonhunter, for the DemonHunter just owns the Blademaster and the Far Seer. And those heroes are usually chosen first by Orc Players.

Against Human, I usually choose Warden, I also choose the Warden against Undead and Night Elf, for I think you can kill all heroes that can't easily use spells to get away (e.g. Blademaster), very easily. If you use the combo Spirit Strike and Blink you are always ahead of them and usually players get desperate when their hero dies... Or maybe not desperate but at least they usually think they're losing :)

So, that's my opinion :)

Lord_Phoenix

Dogs are fuzzy
Reaction score
I pick Warden as my first, if I don't get a merc. Demon Hunters' Mana Burn is useless against starting units, except heroes, and they are kinda frail for melee heroes. Wardens are tougher, and their spells aren't too shabby either.
Mana burn isn't used for starting units. The hero is a very important part of the game. Heros without abilities are easy targets. Also, Illiden is much tougher than warden. His strength actually become higher than his agility. If you get him to lvl 6, its basically GG, because metamorph is incredibally powerful.

But what i really want to know is which NE heroes are good against the other races. Here are what heroes i go with to other races.

DarkRanger if im against undead
Keeper if im against Nightelf
DH if im against human (discuss this if hes really good against human. cause sometimes humans pick the dreaded mountainking)
DH if im against orc ( discuss this too)
I almost always go DH all the time. The most creative method I've seen so far is mass archers/druids of the talon. It was devistating, and completly owned me, as I went BM + tauren/shammie, with Witch doctor as second hero.

I haven't played against human recently. Even there, DH is better against MK b/c mana burn= no storm bolt. Also, I've had plenty of trouble as orcs going against DH, so I guess its solid there.

As undead, I'd stick with DH. Most UD will ghoul rush- tech to stats/abombs asap. The destroyers will totally win against skelies, and do plenty of other problems.

I usually play against a computer Undead (insane, of course) (I don't have Battle.net). I pick Warden as my first hero, then Keeper and, if I haven't finished the game yet, I also get the Priestess. Avatar+Starfall+Tranquility = Great Game against undead. Especially against Frost Wyrms :D
I never liked how Insane computers always go air so heavily. A good army of bears/dryads will win quite effectivly.

Personally, I think that Warden is better than Demon Hunter. I reached this conclusion by changing different tactics. When I started playing NE, I was getting DH first, but then I switched to Warden and I noticed that it's better.
Against computers. Look at it hero to hero, however. If another hero comes after you in a harass game, the DH will win because it'll drain all the spell mana, and has plenty of hp.

Against Human, I usually choose Warden, I also choose the Warden against Undead and Night Elf, for I think you can kill all heroes that can't easily use spells to get away (e.g. Blademaster), very easily. If you use the combo Spirit Strike and Blink you are always ahead of them and usually players get desperate when their hero dies... Or maybe not desperate but at least they usually think they're losing :)
Warden will lost against a good human. Archmages will have a problem with early rushing, but late game will be really hard. You blink in, you can't run away from rifles w/footies on defend. Also, second human hero should be pali or MK, so you blink in, stun bolt, focus fire. As DH, you'll mana burn pali first, then finish off archmage.

risen_jihad

Reaction score
entangling tauren? Sure the early hero disables is great, and tranquility can easily turn the tide of a battle...But it combined with dotts can easily upturn an entire orcs strategy. Assuming they get many of the traditional units *raiders/docs/shams/tauren*

Undead is fairly easy. Bears/dryads. Bears are tanks if they go abom/ghouls, dryads have abolish mana for skeltons, and frost wyrms cant touch dryads to spell immunity. *magic attack* hero wise, warden help that much unless you're doing early hero harass. Kotl isnt useful against skeletons or air, his treants just slow them down. DH has evasion and metatmorphasis late game, which can easily help.

Humans are a pain. They have some of the most flexible units. Dotts can deal with heavy melee, assuming you micro the cyclones. While bears tank. Hippos/dryads and an effective counter to gryphons/dragon riders. Polymorph can destroy a bear mainly army, so so long as you can micro, its not too hard.

Mahucharn

I wear a fez now, fezzes are cool.
Reaction score
I like to pick the keeper first, can get treants and then entangle while attack from range. Then I'd pick the warden or demon hunter. Wardens fan of knives attack as well as shadow strike owns. With the demon hunter immolate is good, especially when you activate metamorphisis along with it. Night elf is a hard race to play, but used properly can be one of the best =D.

Lord_Phoenix

Dogs are fuzzy
Reaction score
Undead is fairly easy. Bears/dryads. Bears are tanks if they go abom/ghouls, dryads have abolish mana for skeltons, and frost wyrms cant touch dryads to spell immunity. *magic attack* hero wise, warden help that much unless you're doing early hero harass. Kotl isnt useful against skeletons or air, his treants just slow them down. DH has evasion and metatmorphasis late game, which can easily help.
What about Destroyers? I like to go Abombs+destro late game, making buffs pretty much unusable. Focus fire on Bears, sleep hero w/DL, heal units with DK.

Humans are a pain. They have some of the most flexible units. Dotts can deal with heavy melee, assuming you micro the cyclones. While bears tank. Hippos/dryads and an effective counter to gryphons/dragon riders. Polymorph can destroy a bear mainly army, so so long as you can micro, its not too hard.
I used to have early success with humans, but I haven't found very good ways to play them recently. I never liked poly, since it was tier 3 and required too much micro. I like spell breakers+gunz+knights, maybe priests. but I mostly play 1v1s.

I like to pick the keeper first, can get treants and then entangle while attack from range. Then I'd pick the warden or demon hunter. Wardens fan of knives attack as well as shadow strike owns. With the demon hunter immolate is good, especially when you activate metamorphisis along with it. Night elf is a hard race to play, but used properly can be one of the best =D.
Keeper is best with mass huntresses or bears. Entangle, surround. I used to pick it first, but I like DH, too. I'm not sure which is best, but I'd put it between thoes two. Trents is a second ability, since it costs too much mana IMO for a few units, while entange does good damge and keeps them from moving/attacking.

Mahucharn

Reaction score
[/quote]Keeper is best with mass huntresses or bears. Entangle, surround. I used to pick it first, but I like DH, too. I'm not sure which is best, but I'd put it between thoes two. Trents is a second ability, since it costs too much mana IMO for a few units, while entange does good damge and keeps them from moving/attacking.[/QUOTE]

Keeper with entangling roots + mass of huntresses/archers/hippogrph riders + dh + a few druids = GG

risen_jihad

Reaction score
destros arent used as common, been a while since i player hladder though, hippos are a good counter, if they dont get gargs

Mahucharn

Reaction score
destros arent used as common, been a while since i player hladder though, hippos are a good counter, if they dont get gargs
I cant understand your abbriviations, does it take that long to type destroyers?

risen_jihad

Reaction score
I wrote this post while playing a game of dota, so excuse the abbreviations. Destros=destroyers, hippos=hippogryphs (usually riderless as anti air) gargs = gargoyles, and earlier I believe i said dotts, which is dryads of the talon. The only reason I use abbreviations is that usually in ladder play, taking 5 secs less typing your strategy to a teammate(s) can mean stopping or rush, or being mroe successfull at one.

uberfoop

~=Admiral Stukov=~
Reaction score
Against HU on a relatively small map, 1v1, Tinker+4archers+2glaives (by this time have 2 aow's)+mass hunts.

Just harrass the base VERY AGGRESIVELY the whole time and focus on factory/engineering.

Works pretty uber well at low-level gameplay, sometimes at mid-level too.
If you don't win in like first 20 minutes though you are pretty screwed.

B

beedy

Discuss how to fight humans with Nightelf IF the human goes rifles,motar,sorc,priest and you are not really planning on getting bears yet.

But what i think is, you ARE pretty screwed if you dont have bears by the time the human player has THAT kind of army. but i think there is another method other than bears.

risen_jihad

Reaction score
i guess archer/dryad is something you could try, with faerie dragons as back up? Archers have the small subtraction to ranged/magic damage, dryads can dispel the prist/sorc buff, so long as they have the mana, and the fairy dragons can shut down a priests healing.

Lord_Phoenix

Dogs are fuzzy
Reaction score
Actually, a good army of Dryads will counter that pretty effectivly. Abolish = bye bye buffs and other stuff.

A good HU army would be spell breakers, guns, knights, and either priests or sorcs (maxed), at least what I think.

Breakers steal roar/farie fire, and have decent HP. priest heal/dispell/buff, knights and guns both do great damage, and have solid hp. Some people also like to go griffins, but I'm not into that...

B

beedy

but if they go motar with theyr army, about 3-5 motars could wipe out a dryad army as though theyr like Flies.

Mahucharn

Reaction score
that may be true but a swarm of dryads with glaive thowers in the back (with their upgrd of cource) could easily own mortars, if not get some druids of the talon and use bird form and then own.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.