Norton Ghost

Dtere

Administrator
Reaction score
Hey guys, i'm having a few troubles with norton ghost 7.0 / 7.5 at work. All of us there really don't know much about the program, other than how to image computers through the muliticast server. The guy that knew the most information about the program was just laid off the other day. So after that, i'm the one who knows the most about the program, since I was trained by the guy who got laid off.

So here's a few questions i have, if any of you can help me out with it.

1. How do you add NDIS2 drivers?
- On a note about these, i've been trying to get a 3COM 3CCFE575B/3CCFE575C NDIS2 driver. I have found the NDIS2 driver off of 3COMs website (it's included with the driver package). Yet when i add the NDIS2 driver to norton ghost, it will not create a working disc for the Compaq Armada 700 series computers. Maybe it is not supported by that computer? Protocol.ini file seems like a place to start, but i'm not sure exactly what i'm messing with in there. The laptop always gives an error about not being able to see the PC card while trying to boot up the DOS session for Norton Ghost.

2. Does anyone know a good site for NDIS2 drivers?
- We use a lot of different NICs and PC cards to do imaging. A good site with a broad amount of NDIS2 drivers would be great.

3. How do i setup a TCP/IP network boot from Norton Ghost?
- A note about these, TCP/IP network boot allows you to run an imaging session without using a network boot disk on the computer you want to image. Thus eliminating a step in the process of imaging. Can anyone tell me directions on how to set this up?

Logical_1

Advisor
Reaction score
For number 3, look into setting up a simple TFTP server for getting the boot image and a BOOTP server for the network card to look at for the info for the TFTP server. This should be pretty well documented out there for how to setup, but let me know if you can't find anything and I'll see what I can dig up.

For number 2, you're not likely to find a single site to house the different NDIS2 drivers you'll be looking for and will be better off going to each manufacturer's site for the most recent drivers. A site that may help you a bit though is http://www.nu2.nu/bootdisk/network/ If you can boot with that and then use a simple file share from a Windows box, you'd be able to get things working pretty quickly.

This seems to describe what you want to do in number 1: http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPOR...sf&view=docid&dtype=&prod=&ver=&osv=&osv_lvl=

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.