Numbers acting weirdly

I

IKilledKEnny

Hello all,
I wrote this question ina a new theard (and not in the previous theard I made) becuase I didn't want to make the previous one too long, I hope that's ok, if not I'll of course delete this post :)

anyway I got 2 triggers here;

Trigger 1:

Code:
Building LeaderBoard
    Events
        Unit - A unit Dies
    Conditions
        ((Triggering unit) is A structure) Equal to True
    Actions
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                (Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Not equal to (Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))
            Then - Actions
                Set PlayerKills[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))] = (PlayerKills[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))] + (19 + 1))
                Leaderboard - Change the value for (Owner of (Killing unit)) in (Last created leaderboard) to PlayerKills[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))]
                Leaderboard - Sort (Last created leaderboard) by Value in Descending order
            Else - Actions
                Do nothing

Trigger 2:

Code:
Building LeaderBoard
    Events
        Unit - A unit Dies
    Conditions
        ((Triggering unit) is A structure) Equal to True
    Actions
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                (Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Not equal to (Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))
            Then - Actions
                Set PlayerKills[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))] = (PlayerKills[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))] + (19 + 1))
                Leaderboard - Change the value for (Owner of (Killing unit)) in (Last created leaderboard) to PlayerKills[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))]
                Leaderboard - Sort (Last created leaderboard) by Value in Descending order
            Else - Actions
                Do nothing

Trigger one should award you 20 points if you kill a building that is not yours, but instead it awards you 21 points.

Trigger two should award you 100 points if you kill a town hall that is not yours, but instead it awards you 121 points.

Here is the second question:
How can I say in text the name of a player? What I mean is this; If player just lost I want everybody to know he lost so I'll send them a massage the problem is I don't know the name of the player so it needs to change from game to game and from player to player. Can anyone help me with that as well?

Thanks for your time. I appreciate it.

S

srv

Umm, both triggers are the same:p
Well, looking at the triggers...
Why is there a (19 + 1) instead of just 20?
Is there any other trigger that awards points?
Also, if you destroy a town hall (presumably the second trigger), the first trigger also fires... so, You get 100 points for the town hall (2nd trigger), and 21 points for a building (1st trigger). You want to limit the first trigger with this condition:
Code:
((Triggering unit) is A town-hall-type unit) Equal to False

You can use the string Player - Player Name; just set which player (Red, Blue etc)

I

IKilledKEnny

Umm, both triggers are the same:p
Well, looking at the triggers...
Why is there a (19 + 1) instead of just 20?
Is there any other trigger that awards points?
Also, if you destroy a town hall (presumably the second trigger), the first trigger also fires... so, You get 100 points for the town hall (2nd trigger), and 21 points for a building (1st trigger). You want to limit the first trigger with this condition:
Code:
((Triggering unit) is A town-hall-type unit) Equal to False

You can use the string Player - Player Name; just set which player (Red, Blue etc)

1. Thanks you so much.
2. There is 19+1 instead of 20 cause I had the slight hope it might help (no idea why I thought that...)
3. What excatly should I type to make it a player's name? Sry newb here!
4. The first trigger is still a problem, I prefer the numbers to be round if that's possible :D.

Thanks again about your time.

S

srv

Well, the easiest way to find Player - Player Name is:
Create new action
Immediately press G
It should go to Game - Text Message (Auto-Timed)
Click the red TEXT and click the Concatenate Strings
Press P and it should go to Player - Player Name. That's what you want!

Player Name is a string.

I

IKilledKEnny

Thanks alot Srv!! Anyone knows why does it count as 21 instead of 20 by the way in the first Trigger?

Thanks for your time.

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
"Set number = number + 20" does not add 21, no matter how you look at it.

However, there's most likely another general kills count trigger that adds +1 for any kills already.

Well, if you change the +20 to +19, chances are it works as expected.
Still, have a look at any other triggers that might act on kills.

M

Mythic Fr0st

hmm

or, default value for the variable is already 1

your setting

Code:

if its already 1

then its 20 + 1 basically (21) theres your first problem

Second one, question why is the second trigger

Code:

that doesnt exactly get 20, if you've just copy pasted the same by accident

my guess is

you set playerkills=playerkills+ 19 + 1 = 21 (if default value is 1 alrdy)

now, in your 2nd trigger assuming its suppost to be
Code:
                Set PlayerKills[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))] = (PlayerKills[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))] + (100)

however, since BOTH your triggers are 100% exactly the same (I belive) I cant tell whats wrong with the 2nd trigger unless you post it lol...

your bas

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.