Numerouse WC3 Problems (system specs included)

frie2

Maxis & Sim Moderator
Reaction score
System Specs:
2.4 gigahertz P4
80gig harddrive
Nvidia Geforce 4 Ti 4200
Sound Blaster Audigy 2
512megs of PC133 (soon to change to 1gig of pc333)
Windows 2000 Professional
Direct X 8.1

In game of a WarCraft III game It constantly shuts its self down. Then followed by the error message of "Fatal error in wariii.exe can not access memory, followed by a bunch of numbers."

Then sometimes WarCraft III just locks up. And its the only time alt+ctrl+del doesn't respond ever on my computer.

While in the middle of a game my computer just loses power then restarts. I checked all of the power connections, everything in the clear. Does anyone have any solutions to these problems?

frie2

Maxis & Sim Moderator
Reaction score
No my computer is spick and span, bran new. I have a huge heatsink for my processor and a giant fan on top of that. Then a case fan, and fan on teh graphics card

NoNameRequired

Administrator and Blizzard Tech FAQ Editor
Reaction score
Alright, but did you check out my Access Violation thread as I linked in my post above ?

frie2

Maxis & Sim Moderator
Reaction score
2 questions, whats a Intel Zeon Processor? And what is the best brand of motherboards for Pentium 4 processors?

Logical_1

Advisor
Reaction score
2 answers:
1. It's not Zeon, it's Xeon. The Intel Xeon processor is the more enterprise class processor designed for higher throughput operation with usually a larger cache and a core designed for multiprocessor application. It is typically found in high-end workstations (non-linear video editing, CAD, large photo-editing, rendering, etc) or in servers.
2. I don't know that there really is a "better" motherboard manufacturer for the Pentium 4 chip. Most boards will perform about the same when using the same chipset. Quality will be slightly higher on some than others, but for the most part, you will replace the board before you're likely to have problems with it. The biggest difference between most boards now is what is built in to them and what other features they have (number of slots, firewire, USB2, RAID, SCSI, etc).

Logical_1
[email protected]

frie2

Maxis & Sim Moderator
Reaction score
Whats a CNR slot? What can be put in it?

And can someone help me with my original problem?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.