Orb of Lightning + Searing Arrows?

R@i_no_Wyrm

Reaction score
Hey I want to do this :
An orb of lightning skill contains a searing arrow skill. But it don't work! The searing Arrow doesn't come up! What happened?

-I've fixed the manacost & targets
-Same goes with chance. 100
-Tried both with hero n items. Not working...

>If It can't be done in v1.18, I think Nerubian Weaver's geminate attack spawns in WC ver 1.17.

TY first. Thanks on any help.

R@i_no_Wyrm

Reaction score
Yes. Done it.
Yes. 100 right?
It has a 0 powered attack (it actually damage 1 but I set the damage bonus at primary attribute to -1 and it has 1 Primary att, so it become 0-0) But the attack works and the orb don't!

darkRae

Ueki Fan (Ueki is watching you)
Reaction score
Both abilities must have the same Mana Cost, Cooldown, Targets, etc. everything possible
That's what I do, and it works.

P.S.
Try opening my Creeps Unite and see how Double Throw works.
Same method there.

R@i_no_Wyrm

Reaction score
hmm... can't I left-click the attack icon and then left-click the target? (well; the target is a friend)

I've tried with chain lightning and it works; but the one with searing arrows don't work.

Note that my version is 1.18(can anyone lend me a better version with WE on?) so I don't know but I think weaver's geminate spawns from ver 1.17 or 1.16... so it SHOULD be possible...

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
You would have to order the unit with orb of lightning to right-click or attack (meaning smart or attack orders) in order for the ability to work. That's why this ability cant really work (without triggering that is) when put into towers. Auto-acquire attack orders cant activate the ability. (i think)

Edit:
hmm... can't I left-click the attack icon and then left-click the target? (well; the target is a friend)

I've tried with chain lightning and it works; but the one with searing arrows don't work.

Oh... I mis-interpreted your problem. You can click the attack icon and click on the target. It will work. Not sure why yours cant work. What about other abilities? Black arrow? Cold Arrows?

(Maybe Searing Arrows cant work on friend... Not sure.. Or did you not changed the target allowed for Searing Arrows to Friend?)

darkRae

Reaction score
If the target is a Friend, make sure the spell is able to target it.
Make a test, first, use the Searing Arrows alone (not in Orb of Lightning) and try casting it to a Friend. If it works, then the Orb version should also work....

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
Lol... It works. Just that the missile wont fire out >.<. Instant... the name suggests itself. The missile flying animation wont have time to play. It reaches immediately.

R@i_no_Wyrm

Reaction score
WAIT! Maybe I found the problem.
Actually, the first attack don't do anything. It just can target suicidal units, which isn't used in my game.
The second one it the one that can target units. BUT, maybe the searing arrows seek for the 1st attack target so it don't work? Does this make sense?

And if it doesn't, maybe anyone know whats the problem?

If it does, anyone know how to make it works?
+rep for everyone that give good suggestions for now.

G

Goauld

Actually, the first attack don't do anything. It just can target suicidal units, which isn't used in my game.
The second one it the one that can target units. BUT, maybe the searing arrows seek for the 1st attack target so it don't work? Does this make sense?

And if it doesn't, maybe anyone know whats the problem?

If it does, anyone know how to make it works?
+rep for everyone that give good suggestions for now.

Why do you even have that first attack? If you really need it to be there why not switch the first and the second attack? You can hide either one of them or both or keep them both in the GUI if needed.

Orb of Lightning only works if you order the unit to Attack, Attack-move or right-click enemy unit. So if the unit attacks when you didn't order it to attack that target and it's not attack-moving the orb won't fire at all.

R@i_no_Wyrm

Reaction score
I have the first attack, but it can't target anything. WIth damage of 0.

The problem is :
The second attack (orb index number) have the ability to attack. But since I'm starting to think that the searing arrows aren't working because the 1st attack can't target anything.

Nah. The question is does this make sense? because if the attack index is changed it should change and adjust the allowed targets to the second index.

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score

Seems like it doesnt makes sense :rolleyes:? Have you changed the 'Instant' to 'Missile'. It works. As it is, the target allowed for both (Orb and Searing) should be; Orb = Dont change anything will do, Searing = Cancel off the 'Enemy' and put in 'Friend', dont change anything else. It works. I've tried it myself. I still dont understand why it cant work :confused:?

R@i_no_Wyrm

Reaction score
have you tried making the first attack doesn't target anything(suicidal to really make sure)?

and it's able to damage enemy and friend?

both attacks are missile

Attack #2 have melee sound (metal medium bash)
Attack damage ranging from 0-0 (set the base to 0, dice number to 1, dice damage to 0, give 1 primary attribute, change in the constant so a Primary attribute will grants you -1 dmg)

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
Oh i see.. So you specifically wanted to target suicidal ONLY? Im not too sure then. I have not tried. But why? Why only suicidal? (Lol.. Of course its up to you, its your map :p. But since there is problem, why dont you try a different approach?) Sorry i cant try for you now. Kinda busy now. Will do try if i have time or if the problem is not solved yet in future.

darkRae

Reaction score
Ummm.. maybe upload the map here so we can see everything you did.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.