Ormus Maiden: Best New Tavern Hero!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vex8118

Reaction score
What I want is to work together on this hero. Someone will perform the programming in the editor while I advise them on how it will work and we can co-operate.

Nenad

~Choco Coronet~ Omnomnom
Reaction score
What I want is to work together on this hero. Someone will perform the programming in the editor while I advise them on how it will work and we can co-operate.

You forgot to mention how much are you paying the person to make this hero? Obviously it's something you can't make and no one wants to undertake a project when they're being hassled by someone who already made three of the exact same posts that i recall were all closed?

We here at TH.net are not a Warcraft III editing service. Do not expect for you to hand over your map to us and have it handed back magically complete. It won't happen. So don't try.

Leazy

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
What the hell? Do you seriously think a hero with like 12 abilities would be balanced for wc3 melee?

vex8118

Reaction score
What the hell? Do you seriously think a hero with like 12 abilities would be balanced for wc3 melee?

We will have to see during the testing. But I think Ormus Maiden will be better than boring heroes like Archmage and Goblin Alchemist.

Whoareyou.

Reaction score
We will have to see during the testing. But I think Ormus Maiden will be better than boring heroes like Archmage and Goblin Alchemist.

12 Spells... Can a hero even have that many if there all casting spells? Because you wouldn't be able to see any?

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
The thing is... All wc3 melee heroes are made like the other units, and is only 100% stronger than a normal unit (differs on items and level) but what you want is a hero which is much stronger and would be able to dominate the whole battlefield herself.... which is not the idea with melee maps.

And another thing is, that heroes in melee maps can only raise to level 10, which will ruin the whole concept of your hero.

And at last, I'm pretty sure blizzard wont take your request (or even review it) because the only content ever taken into the game from a fan, was the additional "Scenario" maps, which were fanmade contest winners in wc3 beta...

Whoareyou.

Reaction score
Thats true, melee map heros are max level 10, and theres 12 spells.
But you could use it in a custom map, and someone who is an expert at WE / Customs would actually do this, too Complex for a beginner / normal people.

hopy

Reaction score
The ultimate counter to a wall of text, two smaller walls of text to out manouver them.

First of all, thanks for the change of attitude, much nicer to write to than before, I'm hoping we can keep it this way and just talk about it all.

12 Spells... Can a hero even have that many if there all casting spells? Because you wouldn't be able to see any?

The hero uses forms and switches between the multiple abilities, it's not needed for all 12 abilities to show at the same time, it can be done with quite some work.

I'd still think 12 is atleast 6 too many. :p Just think about it for a seconds, you're a pro WIII player in a fast 1o1 match and have to controle multiple units at the same time, giving about 5 groups of unit-types different orders in order to win the battle... and than comes your hero, 12 abilities, 4 forms you go 'GAH!' and lose the battle because you weren't fast enough. You bang your head against the wall, press QQ and throw the PC out of the window.

Now, we go to the other player: He's also doing his best to counter the opponents fast unit controle and is about to win, and there comes the opponents hero in formA. 'Amg!' the player thinks, quickly changes tactic to counter the hero, again a big fight starts. Than POOF the hero uses a potion to heal and changes form, thus forcing the opponent to change his plans and tactics again. 'GAH!' the player yells... etc etc.

I know that this is a bit exaggerated, but it's not completely wrong. :p When playing WIII I try to use hotkeys and unit groups (ctrl+1,2,3) to controle my units fast and use as many unit abilities as posible to gain advantage, I cant even imagen trying that with 12 abilities, and I doubt all those epic Korean SC, WCIII players would. :p

So, in short I think it's a bit overdone, too much... yes, that's coming from the person that loves realy complicated heroes the most. xD
Maybe change it a bit, remove a form or add a few passives. And the Archmage ain't that bad! :O

Now please don't go with 'It's your oppinion, don't state it as a fact' again, because, judging from the other posts again, other people share this oppinion again, and I think it's still pretty accurate.

Well, we just help people get their stuff done, their triggers working if they cant figure it out by them selfs. We can even learn you a few things about the basics of triggering if you're trying to learn it. But, these are small jobs and only to help, not to create half a map for people (even though I usualy still post about 5 triggers... <,< ).

I'd still say just learning it your self is a lot easier than getting someone to do it for you, also you learn a lot from doing this and learn to think in a different way to solve problems. I've found it easier to come up with hero ideas because I know what the options are with the Trigger Editor. Else... maybe you've got a friend some were that knows how to work with the Editor and you can work it out together?

Anyways, other than everything I've already posted above I think creating this unit will be one hell of a lot of work and for a lot of stuff doing it the way I think you'd like it to see would recuire some hard triggers (even Jass if I'm correct).

This is my opinion: I doubt anyone would want to spend a lot of time to create this, unless maybe when payed. I hope you find someone, though the chances are slim, and good luck with that.

hopy

Reaction score
Theres transforming?

(S3.) Awakening Mode: (Has 2 Buttons (W & O)) Switches to a different personality and set of abilities. Note: Spells and abilities that are in the corresponding command slots are automatically learned with the corresponding spell or ability level of Orgulla. All Ultimate spells' cooldown are shared among each other. Personality change lasts until it is changed again.

I never read the whole text only the first 3 sentences :p
Can imagen... the post is about as long as the avarage gamefaqs guide. :p

Whoareyou.

Reaction score
Oh, brb lemme read it and is there a new model for the "change of personality"? Or is it the same model?
Edit: Read it, only says different eye colors and spells no other model?

vex8118

Reaction score
For those talking about how it is too hard to play and strong, I have designed Ormus Maiden based on my play time in 4v4. 1v1 is too lonely and boring I think. Besides most Warcraft III players are in 4v4.

Whoareyou.

Reaction score
How do you know that only 4v4 melee will have Ormus Maiden? Doesn't like if 1v1, or 2v2 or 3v3 or 4v4 have 1 hero the rest have it too? Or atleast based on the map?

Nenad

~Choco Coronet~ Omnomnom
Reaction score
For those talking about how it is too hard to play and strong, I have designed Ormus Maiden based on my play time in 4v4. 1v1 is too lonely and boring I think. Besides most Warcraft III players are in 4v4.

What the hell are you saying? What are you basing it on? You're instincts tell you that most games are 4v4?

You're wrong in many many aspects, and this hero is too. I've read the spells and it's too COMPLICATED for melee. Not just that, but you even have an exact same spell as a single unit in warcraft! The heroes are supposed to be "boring" because it's called balance, and if you don't like melee make an arena map and make this hero in it.

Please someone close this thread as it is absolutely pointless by now.

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
as has been posted twice before:

I'm closing this due to some rude posts (deleted one of them), as well as the general attitude.

Vex8118, do not ask the community to make your hero for you. If you want this hero done, seek help in posting what you've tried to do, what it currently does, and what you want it to do. We will not do your work for you.

If your original intent was to simply share a cool idea for a hero (and not to actually have it made), then feel free to repost the thread. However, be sure to make it clear that it is a hero idea.

Also keep in mind that most people have a tendency to completely skip posts if they are walls of text.

closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.