[ORPG9 Concepts wanted!

1337Elite

Reaction score
Galaxy Open RPG

Galaxy Open RPG
(No outer space in the map yet, sorry)

Offical Development Blog!!

Race System
Elves start with +1 Intelligence and Humans start with +1 Strength.
The Base units are Human Peasant and Elf Peasant, so far. Their maximum stat points(Strength+Agility+Int) equals four. So the stats for the both Peasants are:
  • Human Peasant
    • Primary Attribute: Strength
    • Strength: 2
    • Agility: 1
    • Intelligence: 1
  • Elf Peasant
    • Primary Attribute: Intelligence
    • Strength: 1
    • Agility: 1
    • Intelligence: 2
Classes
Check below for class system(it's not implemented yet, but it will be until version 0.9). So, if you saw the stats of the base units, then you know what racial perks they get from the start. Here are the class perks:
  • Spellcaster
    • Primary Attribute: Intelligence
    • +10 Intelligence
    • +2 Agility
  • Brawler
    • Primary Attribute: Strength
    • +6 Strength
    • +6 Agility
  • Thief
    • Primary Attribute: Agility
    • +8 Agility
    • +4 Intelligence
So, if we look at this chart, we can just take our Human Peasant and add the Thief's stats to it, they will look like:
  • Human Thief
    • Primary Attribute: Agility
    • Strength:2
    • Agility: 9
    • Intelligence: 5

The Primary Attribute changes with the class. So that basically shows how the class/race system works!

Class System
A class tree with achievements, like marksman, would be like passive skills and let you use specific weapons and such, when you have a full class tree, you will be master in that specific class. After you're done with your first Class/??? you could choose another one and max your skills there too. You will start with a "Universally Spendable Class Point", which will allow you to pick a class. The class I've been thinking of is:

Magician/Spellcaster
(would have to come up with a more original name for this)
First tier: Spell casting

Second tier:
Fire storm[Beginner, Recruit: 100xp, Journeyman: 350xp, Adept: 750xp, Skilled: 1550xp, Master: 3100xp]
Lighting Strike[Beginner, Recruit: 100xp, Journeyman: 350xp, Adept: 750xp, Skilled: 1550xp, Master: 3150xp]

Third tier:
Explosion[Beginner, Recruit: 200xp, Journeyman: 450xp, Adept: 950xp, Skilled: 1860xp, Master: 3770xp]
AoEH[Beginner, Recruit: 200xp, Journeyman: 450xp, Adept: 950xp, Skilled: 1860xp, Master: 3770xp]
(Area of Effect Healing, still need a name for this one)

Out of ideas here. Maybe some more later. Better descriptions coming soon! :)

How it will work

If one would choose Spellcaster class, one would only start with the "Spell casting"-ability, the one skill that unlocks the whole class tree. Then you have one "expendable" point available in that one class tree. So you get to choose from two spells/skills in the first tier. There would be 5 levels in each learnable skill, except the first and the last one. One will not be able to level up Spellcasting it itself. The "Spell casting" abilities' level totally depends on how many points you have in total with all the other tiers/skills/achievements in the Class tree.

So when you level up the whole of the second tier, your total points would therefore be 10. At that point you would get a "class perk" and you've reached 2/5 of the class tree(That would make you a Recruit in the Spell casting-ability.) I actually have no idea yet of what that could be. Maybe increased mana regen and max mana? Oh well, the last skill you learn, the one you can't level, is the ultimate class perk. It's the fruit of your training, this will make you the master of the class, it also gives an extra "Universally Spendable Class Point"(I'll call it USCP), which will allow you to pick another class.

More info about Tiers and Class Trees

• Universally spendable Class Point (USCP) - These points are used to choose Classes. You get one after each class you master. This is lumber for now.
  • Internally Spendable Class Point (ISCP) - Unlike the USCP, you can't spend these on class masteries. You gain these each time you get 5 levels in a tier(3 in, let's say Fire blast and 2 in Lightning strike, you have 5/10 points in the First tier.) ISCP's is a must if you want to achieve Master-rank in a class tree. See these as stat points or spendable hero points to learn a spell. The only situation when you don't need them is when you're at the first tier, because you get an ISCP in that class tree.
  • Tier Points (TP's) When you've got 5/10(half, that is) of a tier, you will get another ISCP. I'm thinking of naming the tiers to something instead of calling them Tiers.

In-depth look at the system
So, how to get skills in the different tiers? Well, for the castable spells, you get xp from casting spell, if you're out in the danger zone(virtually everywhere). The passive abilities will level each time you use anything from the same class tree. Think of a passive skill that shortens the cast time or/and cooldown of all spells, it would gain xp each time a spell was cast or ability used.

Ah well, that's it I think.
I'll keep updating this thread and clean up this post every now and then. Screenshots coming soon!

Over and out!

~1337Elite

1337Elite

Reaction score
Ver 0.09 Changelog
Finally finished the quest system, not that it was hard, rather that it was at night I did the most of the things that's in.

I will add the basics of the class tree today, I think. Not sure how yet... maybe a spellbook of sorts? Oh well. I will add a skills vendor today too.

The current map has some basic terrain and stuff. I'm adding random events in the village to the north sometime too.

Say what you want. Bad or good, it's great as long as it's creative.
Status
  • Items
  • Custom Units: 38
  • Custom Spells: 5
    • Triggered Ones: 3

Screenshots!
First Island Map
gorpgzx8.png
[Check my newest post for updates!]

1337Elite

Reaction score
Ver 0.2 Changelog
This is a Bump/Update post. I've been updating the map a bit with more classes and some random events to make it more organic. Fixed spells for all of them. No class can't be a higher rank than Apprentice so far, it will be available in later version.

If anyone want to help with terraining or quest making, just leave a reply or email me with something you could help with. :D

I've attached the version 0.2 of the map. Feel free to check out the triggers if you need help with any of your maps, or if you want to contribute with something. Well, that's it for now.

[Check my newest post for updates!]

1337Elite

Reaction score
Version 0.2.439

Here we go again. A new update with new stuff and features, nothing really original as of yet. I'm still climbing the versions ladder, the map has landed on 0.2.439
  • One new quest(not fully done yet)
  • More terrain(boats(!))
  • A new island
  • Hidden extra creature(LVL 200 creep. Unbeatable so far)
  • Bug fixes for spells
  • Balanced n00b place
  • Class items(with debug text still in it, unfortunately)
  • Items requiring a minimum level
  • One new dungeon
  • And more useless testing triggers/units/regions that needs to be cleaned up.
Version 0.2.460
  • Fixed bugs and added an AI group that runs about on random(Kinda funny to look at)
  • More descriptive map description(*thumbs up* on that one)
  • Fixed a lot of Annoying bugs:
    • Fire Blast Damage bug
    • Crippling Blow Damage bug
    • Class Item System Bug

I'm still in need of original ideas and stuff you would like to see in this map.

Note: If you want to test this map, do it with 2-3 people at least. One quest is a raid/party-quest and there's one dungeon that I still want to test with someone.

Help wanted!
I would need some help with this map, as it's a lot to do myself. The help I need so far is:
  • Item Designer
  • Mission Designer
  • Unit Designer/Unit Balancing
  • Story/Lore Writer
  • Beta Tester
  • System Coder(preferably done in JASS)

If someone could take one or more positions, that would be great!
Just pop a mail, PM or a reply, and I'll tell you what you could do, in what way.

Whisper me on Northrend(Nick: Madidus) if you want to test the newest version with me, or come with suggestions.

Over and out, 1337Elite.

Attachments

• morpg.w3x
    285.4 KB · Views: 207
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.