Other P A R A S I T E Resurrection

black.sheep

Reaction score
P A R A S I T E RESURRECTION

Histroy
This map was originally started as a template for a parasitey map, due to the large popularity of parasite 2, however, once the popularity faded, and the maker no longer updated it, I decided to turn it into my very own creation, a mod and continuation of parasite 2.
Gameplay
General
The game takes place on a futuristic research station orbititing a lonely planet. The gamestyle is a whos the killer like map. However, the killer can kill his prey, and turn them to his side. The humans also have a powerful ally, the AI who can upgrade his main unit to become more poweful, however the AI can be infected by the parasite. The map is full of "vendors" which sell free items ranging from health restorers to powerful bombs.
Parasite
Parasite gameplay work like this. If the parasite kills a human, it will "infect" them, and they will become a "spawn", a less aspect of the parasite. The parasite can also infect animals, create minions, and evolve into a greater form to gain more spawns. The parasite's biggest advantage would be being able to blend into the crowd. If the parasite decides to evolve its mind, it can gain access to powerful manipulation techniques, but if it evolves its body then it becomes better at general combat and survival. Chaos is the parasites best friend.
Human
To help combat the alien threat, the humans have a large array of suits and items. These, in conjunction with other suits and items, can help defeat the parasite once and for all. Humans can change easily change their strategery, and have saftey in numbers but can killed easily
A.I.
The AI, will also change. The AI has many different forms available to it, each having their own abilities, strengths and weaknesses. The AI works by "upgrading", creating data at its technology vendor out of spare items, and then installing the data on the current AI body. The AI can also construct drones, to collect and use items, or to fight its enemies.
Captain
Finally, there is a captain. The captain can control many features of the station (However only 1 is actually in the game) The captain is a powerful force, whether on the humans, or the parasites side.
Improvemnts on parasite 2
  • New suits, with triggered abilities
  • Many bug/balance fixes
  • More interesting forms, and items
  • A revamped power system
  • A repick system if the parasite dies or leaves early
Assistance
I require help with many things on this map, such as.
  • Finding bugs/memory leaks
  • Redoing the terrain, I have a skeleton terrain, but i need someone to doodad it Terrain link
  • Hosting the map (ofc)

Map link! V1.04a
Note, current version of the map is protected! But PM and I might send you an old unprotected one!

azareus

And you know it.
Reaction score
This LOOKS pretty good, but have you asked the original maker first?(Don't remember his name.)
Also, tell something more about the project.
New suits, with triggered abilities
What abilities???
The captain can control many features of the station
What features???
More interesting forms, and items
Such as...???

black.sheep

Reaction score
This LOOKS pretty good, but have you asked the original maker first?(Don't remember his name.)
Yes, darkshogun has aproved this map, check Here

Also, tell something more about the project.
Do I really need to?

What abilities???
I have many trigger enhanced abilities. Check the map for more info

What features???
Same as parasite 2, the captain can lock doors, free prisioners and set sentry gun targets, although currently, you can only set guns, due to problems with my door system.
Such as...???
Every single Parasite form has been given a fresh start, especially the tier 1 form, which has become more deadly with being too strong.
The items have also been given a makeover, the healing stimpack takes afew seconds to fully heal you, the oxygen tank can give you a short lived movement and attack speed boost, there are also many other changes that I can't remeber right now.

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
yes you have to tell us more info on the map, im not going to download something i have no info about

Ninja_sheep

Heavy is credit to team!
Reaction score
I used to play parasite from time to time.
It's a cool game, but it doesnt really work. It's just no fun with pubs.

Just one thing:
Seperate the energy/oxygen generators from the ship and from the planet. It's extremly retarded if the alien is on the planet and just keeps turning the stuff off wile you try to turn it on wile you're on the ship <.<

black.sheep

Reaction score
New version, v1.04a, same DL link

General changelog
Code:
Changed the stealth suit, again
Fixed up some tooltips
Made everything in the biolab infectable
Moar bug fixes/balance
Added the Sentinel AI form
Improved the AI
Added a repick system if cerb loses
Added a disable AI option
Added a tier 4 of parasites (Arachnid, Leviathan, Savage, Fissionist and Fabricator)
Added in spaceships
Added the assault suit

SuperSoldier

Reaction score
:O Since you're doing new terrain I now have no AI. I guess I have to skip the running around until the terrain is done, so I'm going to work on the attacking one.

black.sheep

Reaction score
Ub3r Bump.

Released a couple of new versions since last posted. CBF to type out changelog, im up to about v1.04.3 by now.
Anyway, im beta testing the latest version in the stations terrain has been redone. If you wanna test, just wisper/pm me.

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.