pan camera back / multiple players

mirrorman1de

Cool Member
Reaction score
Hi,
simple task, I guess:

4 player RPG map. I want all players to watch an event (unit transmission). So I pause all units, pan players' cameras to a specific point and start transmission. But now I'm having trouble to pan cameras back, since I dont want the players to search for their units. Is there a simple way to store the coordinates of all players current camera views?

The only way I can store a view is by
Trigger:
  • Set X = Target of (Current Camera)

but I cannot specify whose player's cam I want.

Any ideas?

Happy

Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Camera - Pan camera for Player X to (Position of Unit X) over 0.00 seconds

just do this with an array and store the units before...easiest way i would say ^^

mirrorman1de

Cool Member
Reaction score
What unit? Cameras are not locked to units. Players can scroll around. But I want the cams to pan back to the views of each individual player after the transmission ended.

DioD

Reaction score
then pan camara to coordinates or location or whatever you like.

camera position is async value, you can only know YOUR machine camera data, soo any checks for camera will desync game.

TomTTT

Reaction score
Set the units to a unit array variable?
At the beggining of the game, when creating the units for the players, set them to the variable.
Then, when the cinematic is finished, do For Each Integer A... and Pan camera for Player Integer A to Unit Variable[Integer A]....

mirrorman1de

Cool Member
Reaction score
I know how to get coordinates from units, that is not the point. The problem is, how do I know which units player 1-4 are watching when cinematic starts? Maybe they arent watching a unit at all ... so I need the coords of the point they are watching. But there is no funktion like
Trigger:
  • Set focus_player_1 = Target of(current camera) of (Player 1)

That is why I cannot set a variable. It can't be that tough. It's just a point I need to store.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
you need to use "GetLocalPlayer" for this, that means at least some Jass lines.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.