Paranormal Activities

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Terrible. Worthless hype.

I want my money back so i can go see Zombieland please.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Obviously it was going to fail. There's not like a single paranormal activity film or TV show that is good. Like I mean paranormal where they go like "I feel the ghostly spirit in this house!" Stuff with like demons fighting and stuff and other horror movies is different. But Supernatural is the bomb.

I hope I can see Zombieland on Monday. I just need someone 17+...

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

sqrage

Reaction score
So did I but it was terrible none the less.

Could have been the audience who was cracking jokes every few minutes. (Making chewbacka sounds during the "suspenseful" parts etc)

But I think it would have sucked anyway, that just added to it.

ReVolver

Reaction score
I just saw this abomination and its the worst movie I have seen in my life, I demanded my money back but sadly, I couldn't get my 1+ hour of my life back.

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
Terrible. Worthless hype.

I want my money back so i can go see Zombieland please.
Is flesh eating zombies "Zombieland" better then? :p

BTW: What was wrong with "Paranormal Activities" movie?

thewrongvine

Reaction score
What is so scary about ghosts that you know are fake or made up or just the people being stupid? Even if they are real, they are stupid people. Not a single good, scary paranormal activity type thing. Only good thing is that it's funny watching the people as they "sense the spirit is nearby".
If you want a good show like that (this is the exception) watch SUPERNATURAL! :cool:
Yeah, Zombieland is very good and funny. Or at least better.

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

Aedes

Reaction score
Yup. thewrongvine is right. Made up ghosts are not scary. Ghost with white skin, long hair, big red eyes and walks like a paralytic person. Errr.. Real ghost are not like that. They just flash at your face and poof. Gone. You can't easily recognize them. ... Spooky! Hehehe.

sqrage

Reaction score
It's not the ghosts that are supposed to be scary...there weren't even ghosts in this movie.

It's the suspense that's supposed to be scary. But it wasn't.

ReVolver

Reaction score
It's not the ghosts that are supposed to be scary...there weren't even ghosts in this movie.

It was suppose to be about demons not ghosts, but at the end she got infected by it when it bit her.

hi_im_bob

......and you are?
Reaction score

i agree the wanted to make a new blair witch project. disappointing that the movie did so bad i had high hopes to be scared shitless but i guess have to wait for something else

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
I enjoyed it, honest to be :p.

I don't know why didn't you guys like it too much.

I saw pretty many horror movies, but I'm an easy to scary person, so they're all pretty nasty to me :D.

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
I enjoyed it, honest to be :p.

I don't know why didn't you guys like it too much.

I saw pretty many horror movies, but I'm an easy to scary person, so they're all pretty nasty to me :D.

I liked it as well. I felt that the direction it took was great. It built up suspense very well (assuming you don't have a crappy crowd to watch with) and if you allowed yourself to get absorbed by the story it turned out to be quite creepy.

One of few horror films to get to me (scary-wise). :thup:

thewrongvine

Reaction score
So my school interviewed people about it. And they said it was okay-good, and that the ending was great. Was the ending great?
Does the girl turn into a demon or something?

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

Jimpy

The Invisible Observer
Reaction score
I heard it was great from people who saw it and from critics. I'm excited to see it.

For the movie style and formatting I thought it was great at what it did.

So did I but it was terrible none the less.

Could have been the audience who was cracking jokes every few minutes. (Making chewbacka sounds during the "suspenseful" parts etc)

But I think it would have sucked anyway, that just added to it.

Yes that would suck, but it certainly is not a terrible film. I can understand people not liking it though.

i agree the wanted to make a new blair witch project. disappointing that the movie did so bad i had high hopes to be scared shitless but i guess have to wait for something else

Tons of first person film narratives where they use obscene amounts of in film camera framing. I don't think it was an attempt at reinventing the wheel, just the use of a film formatting that supports suspense.

I liked it as well. I felt that the direction it took was great. It built up suspense very well (assuming you don't have a crappy crowd to watch with) and if you allowed yourself to get absorbed by the story it turned out to be quite creepy.

One of few horror films to get to me (scary-wise). :thup:

I agree the minimalistic suspense build up is well done.

I think watching this film with a crowd devalues it by a lot.

I think its weak points are that its not a Hollywood "Heres what the bad guy looks like blurg!" movie. The ending is quite quick too.

Which basically means people without much of a palate for a varied style of film, are likely to be like "Ew this outside what I'm accustomed too!"

Lot of people I've heard whine about the dialogue not making much sense, but the demon clearly possesses the female character several times, though earlier in the movie there are occasions where its not super evident.

Overall, I'd suggest waiting for this on rental, with a small group of people who can be quiet during a movie.

sqrage

Reaction score
Yes this movie would definitely be better to watch with a few friends at home in a nice quiet dark and secluded room than in theaters.

For that, this movie would probably be awesome.

Jimpy

The Invisible Observer
Reaction score
I saw it in a small theater with 5 people who were well behaved, and there were about 5 other people watching in the theater with us.

At the end of the movie, it began showing the credits then cut off, someone made an error with the projector, and it cut off early so we were left in the dark looking at the screen wondering "Is it over?" and then it flashed white, showed some random letters number and colors.

While completely a goof up of the movie theater, I thought the experience we got from the theater was superior to the movie just rolling credits.

BlowingKush

I hit the blunt but the blunt hit me.
Reaction score
Those who suggest this movie is more scary then The Exorcist should be beaten with a large wooden object.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_c4intAvdrI&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_c4intAvdrI&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
Those who suggest this movie is more scary then The Exorcist should be beaten with a large wooden object.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_c4intAvdrI&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_c4intAvdrI&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Who is trying to argue that? The Exorcist will pretty much always be #1 for me. It's practically impossible to top it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.