Passive aura that taunts

nLike

Reaction score
I need to create a passive aura that will have a chance to taunt nearby creep and order him to attack you.

Now the general idea is what I have.

1st Trigger
Code:
Shining Armor
    Events
        Unit - A unit Learns a skill
    Conditions
        (Level of Shining Armor  for (Learning Hero)) Equal to 1
    Actions
        Set ArcaneKnight = (Learning Hero)
        Trigger - Turn on Shining Armor effect <gen>

2nd trigger
Code:
Shining Armor effect
    Events
        Time - Every 1.00 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set ArcaneKnightArea = (Units within 600.00 of (Position of ArcaneKnight) matching ((((Triggering unit) belongs to an enemy of Player 2 (Blue)) Equal to True) and (((Triggering unit) is alive) Equal to True)))
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in ArcaneKnightArea and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                    If - Conditions
                        (Random integer number between 1 and 100) Less than or equal to 30
                    Then - Actions
                        Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Attack ArcaneKnight
                        Custom script:   call DestroyGroup (udg_ArcaneKnightArea)
                    Else - Actions
                        Custom script:   call DestroyGroup (udg_ArcaneKnightArea)

I guess this will work but 2 things I'm having problem with.

1) Since this other trigger will start working since you learn the skill it will check every X (x-time ) seconds for the entire game and set a variable. Will this cause a lag and do you guys have any other idea how this might work? I was thinking adding first a trigger (Unit is attacked) but I don't know then how should I turn off and on the 2nd trigger

2) Is there a way a could disable a taunted enemy hero control much like Axe does in dota with Berseker Call.

Thanks.

keychup

Reaction score
what about a permanent immolation ability with 0 damage instead? you can detect whenever a unit takes 0 damage from a unit with permanent immolation and run the trigger then.

and instead of ((((Triggering unit) belongs to an enemy of Player 2 (Blue)) Equal to True) and (((Triggering unit) is alive) Equal to True)))
it should have been ((((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of Player 2 (Blue)) Equal to True) and (((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True)))

EDIT: Also Berserker Call doesnt disable control. The units are simply ordered to attack every 0.25 seconds or so. That way they dont do anything else.

nLike

Reaction score
That seems interesting. How do I exactly do that?

I can check for buff with permanent immolation but how do I check if someone takes 0 damage?

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
You would use a damage detection system, and check whether the damage was from a unit with the ability. Are you planning on making all creeps attacking the unit forever?

keychup

Reaction score
well it IS an aura. If he was not planning on making creeps attack him forever then why would it be an aura? Every second has a 30% chance to force a unit to attack the caster. And creeps dont necessarily attack the damaging caster if they take damage from it. if you were the only unit in sight then of course they would attack you. Otherwise they just attack the closest unit regardless of which unit is dealing damage. The 30% chance would only be a mechanism to force the creeps to switch targets towards you in case creeps sense multiple foes.

nLike

Reaction score
Well my original idea is that whenever you are near the creeps in lets say 250 AOE you will have a chance that the creep starts attacking you for 2 seconds. The event would tick every X seconds (2 might be ok) picking nearby creeps(heroes) and throwing a dice. If True they'll attack you if not they'll just do what they did. This was my original idea for a dota hero but since I'm making it into my map which is non-pvp i won't need a trigger lasting 2 seconds.

keychup

Reaction score
creeps fight you if they see you anyway. permanent immolation will also wake up sleeping creeps.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.