Passive movement and attack speed increase + armour bonus

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tinyfry

Hi all, I'm trying to make a hero skill that gives only the hero himself as passive movement and attack speed as well as some bonus armour. I first thought to base it on bloodlust, but wasn't sure how to incorporate the bonus armour. Also considered things like endurance aura and devotion aura but didn't work the way I wanted. Any ideas?
any help appreciated. Thanks

Pigger

Reaction score
Is it supposed to be a passive skill or an active? That may help.

Why didn't Endurance/Devotion work? What exactly is it supposed to do that they could not fulfill?

Inner Fire adds armor (I believe)

NetherHawk

Reaction score
create an item ability that adds armour

then use a trigger
event - unit learns skill
condition - learned skill = bonus
unit - add item(armour bonus) to triggering unit
unit - set level of item(armour bonus) to level of bonus for triggering unit

hope this helps.

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
or this...

create a devotion aura, and endurance aura, then create a spell based on the spellbook spell

put the spells in that spellbook, then trigger it...
like if a unit learns a skill....give the spellbook to him, and disable it...then give another dummy ability

Reaction score
or if you didn't want the unit to have a buff, as the above methods would, more than one also, you can just use the item abilities, and put them into a spell book and disable as the above methods also mentioned

T

tinyfry

ok i tried creating a spellbook as suggested, but now after i learn the skill the spellbook appears as one of my abilities. how do i disable it so it doesnt show up? and also how do i increase the level of the abilities in the spell book?

Edit: another problem, i cant get the buffs to not appear from the spellbook. i tried using the item abilities but they still show up.

darkRae

Ueki Fan (Ueki is watching you)
Reaction score
You'll have to make separate spell set.

Spell Book ability
Lv1 - Endurance 1 and Devotion 1
Lv2 - Endurance 2 and Devotion 2
etc.

You cannot directly level the spells inside the Spellbook.
If you want those bonuses to affect the Hero only, I would prefer Netherhawk's method.

T

tinyfry

i tired using netherhawk's method but the devotion aura and endurance aura item abilities i created appeared as icons in the heroes ability menu. is there a way to make it not appear? because if so netherhawk's method would be simpler.

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
i tired using netherhawk's method but the devotion aura and endurance aura item abilities i created appeared as icons in the heroes ability menu. is there a way to make it not appear? because if so netherhawk's method would be simpler.

or this...

create a devotion aura, and endurance aura, then create a spell based on the spellbook spell

put the spells in that spellbook, then trigger it...
like if a unit learns a skill....give the spellbook to him, and disable it...then give another dummy ability

Just do what waaaks! told you to do if you don't want any icons on your hero's menu.

darkRae

Reaction score
Let me ask you this first :

Do you want the bonuses to apply to the Hero only, or to Allied units (as an Aura) as well?

If you just want it to affect the Hero, you should you Endurance Aura as the base of the skill. Then create another skill based from Item Armor Bonus (Ring of Protection ability)
When the Hero learns the Endurance Aura, give the Hero the Item Armor Bonus ability and set the level to be equal to the level of the Endurance Aura. (Note that Item Armor Bonus doesn't have an icon anyway)

NetherHawk

Reaction score
how does it appear as an icon in your hero ability o.o its supposed to be an item ability. anyway isnt what darkrae said what i said 0.0

darkRae

Reaction score
@NetherHawk
Exactly. (what? do you miss a 'Thanks!' from him? :p don't worry too much about it)

Okay, there's no point of replying to this post anymore. Problem solved.

T

tinyfry

sorry netherhawk, but yeah your suggestion was the same, i just misunderstood it and did it wrong :p so thanks to you too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.