Passive skill that causes attacking unit to miss on occasion

GenDeath

Reaction score
Solved(See last post I believe is the solution)
Sort of a reverse Evasion is what I am thinking of but I need it to be so that its an ability, with stats like the following chart shows.
Lvl 1 - 25% Chance to miss
Lvl 2 - 12.5% Chance to miss
Lvl 3 - 6.25% Chance to miss
Lvl 4 - 3.125% Chance to miss
Lvl 5 - 1.5625% Chance to miss

I think you get the idea, please if something doesn't make sense I could try to clarify more.

canons200

Reaction score
you want to make enemy attack you miss OR you want your hero attack miss when attacking enemy?

GenDeath

Reaction score
Alright so there is your hero, when he attacks theres is a X% chance w/e he attacks he might miss.
So the unit the player controls will be the one missing. not the unit attacking the player.

canons200

Reaction score
arrrrrrr wait, i remind that it works like critical strike, so the bash won't work.

wait i dig out my previous map first, i remember i make that 1 before. give me some time.

canons200

Reaction score
well, that is my old map, as i am noob at that time, please use variable for the floating text.
Trigger:
  • Attack miss
    • Events
      • Game - GDD_Event becomes Equal to 0.00
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Unit-type of GDD_DamageSource) Equal to Blinder
          • (GDD_DamageSource belongs to an enemy of (Owner of GDD_DamagedUnit)) Equal to True
          • (Random integer number between 1 and 10000) Less than or equal to (1000 / (Level of Bash for GDD_DamageSource))
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Set life of GDD_DamagedUnit to ((Life of GDD_DamagedUnit) + GDD_Damage)
          • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads Miss above GDD_DamageSource with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%), and 0.00% transparency
          • Floating Text - Change (Last created floating text): Disable permanence
          • Floating Text - Change the lifespan of (Last created floating text) to 2.00 seconds
        • Else - Actions

EDIT
i use the bash ability as passive ability, the bash does nothing, just for showing the icon

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
well, that is my old map, as i am noob at that time, please use variable for the floating text.
Trigger:
  • Attack miss
    • Events
      • Game - GDD_Event becomes Equal to 0.00
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Unit-type of GDD_DamageSource) Equal to Blinder
          • (GDD_DamageSource belongs to an enemy of (Owner of GDD_DamagedUnit)) Equal to True
          • (Random integer number between 1 and 10000) Less than or equal to (1000 / (Level of Bash for GDD_DamageSource))
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Set life of GDD_DamagedUnit to ((Life of GDD_DamagedUnit) + GDD_Damage)
          • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads Miss above GDD_DamageSource with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%), and 0.00% transparency
          • Floating Text - Change (Last created floating text): Disable permanence
          • Floating Text - Change the lifespan of (Last created floating text) to 2.00 seconds
        • Else - Actions

EDIT
i use the bash ability as passive ability, the bash does nothing, just for showing the icon

By doing that, your skills cast could "miss" too. Try use the "Curse" ability. Order a dummy unit to cast on the hero. Just use a periodic trigger to check if your hero has the Curse buff. If not, order the dummy unit to recast the Curse ability to the hero.

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
arrrrrrr wait, i remind that it works like critical strike, so the bash won't work.

Wait, why wouldn't it work? A Bash ability with 0% chance to bash and correct chance to miss should be fine.

canons200

Reaction score
to glenphir
the bash is to show the ability icon, it doesn't nothing, "showing ability icon" i also use the curse dummy method before, but due to curse effect showing, i decide not to use it.

to weep
gendeath wants for each attack, there is certain % the attacker(mean his unit) will attack miss. what i mean bash won't work >>>> bash is just like critical, have chance to activate critical/stun for bash, and have the certain % to dodge the normal attack.

the bash there showing, % to miss, meaning % to dodge the normal attack, it is totally like critical strike which mean % to evade. Basically those 2 spell are working as same effect. You can always use bash ability to perform critical or use critical strike to perform bash.

i have tested it in the my previous map, that why i use my above trigger as replacement.

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
the bash there showing, % to miss, meaning % to dodge the normal attack, it is totally like critical strike which mean % to evade
Wow, I just tried it too and you're right. Bash used to be mentioned often when someone wanted a unit to miss. I'd swear it used to work differently, but I just loaded up WC3 1.23 and it was the same. :nuts:

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
to glenphir
the bash is to show the ability icon, it doesn't nothing, "showing ability icon" i also use the curse dummy method before, but due to curse effect showing, i decide not to use it.

I didn't say anything about your bash ability. I was simply mentioning the fact that your trigger makes active abilities miss too. Imagine you have an ability that deals 100 magic damage. This magic ability can "miss" from what I can see from your trigger. And I'm pretty sure he just wants his physical attacks to miss. That's why I suggested the periodic Curse cast. You could just remove the Attachment Art. Only the buff would show.

canons200

Reaction score
I didn't say anything about your bash ability. I was simply mentioning the fact that your trigger makes active abilities miss too. Imagine you have an ability that deals 100 magic damage. This magic ability can "miss" from what I can see from your trigger. And I'm pretty sure he just wants his physical attacks to miss. That's why I suggested the periodic Curse cast. You could just remove the Attachment Art. Only the buff would show.

oh ya, i forget that he just want physical attack to miss only. you are right.
EDIT
then i think can add an order condition to check the current condition equal to attack or smart to make it more precisely.

But for now, i don't use this "ability" anymore but i will remove the attachment art it next time i happen to use this again

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.